No the Bold works on a different network(GSM) than Verizon devices(CDMA). The 9630 won't be too much longer, and is well worth the wait.

simple question if its not out of the nda is the browser on the 9630 similar to that of the storms as far as rendering?

I am at a toss up because I still want some media functions but do more emailing etc..
    05-04-09 12:02 AM
    No the Bold works on a different network(GSM) than Verizon devices(CDMA). The 9630 won't be too much longer, and is well worth the wait.
    CX you are killing me with this kind of talk haha. I need a berry by may 18 and don't know what you mean when you say stuff like this haha. Cant decide to buy a used Curve until this comes out or use my upgrade on the Curve and pay full retail for the 9630. (I know that you cant say with the NDA and all, just letting out some steam ha)
    05-04-09 12:10 AM
    CX, using the 8900 and the Bold side by side, the Bold of course is faster, but not by much at all, infact, some people go as far as to say that the 8900 is snappier. Now I don't agree with that, but I do admit that it's not much of a difference to me and to anyone that I know of that has tried them both with me. When I look at the numbers 624 to 512, I'd think it'd be a nice bit faster, but bit is not. Why is that? What makes them so close in speed despite the fact that they are further in the numbers?
    Well, older Gen Curves only allowed for 2 connections/channels for downloads whereas the 8900 allows for 8. Obviously this makes a significant difference and is what makes the 8900 as speedy as it is. Some swear the 8900 is as fast or faster, but internal tests prove otherwise, albeit not too much of a difference, difference nonetheless.

simple question if its not out of the nda is the browser on the 9630 similar to that of the storms as far as rendering?

I am at a toss up because I still want some media functions but do more emailing etc..
    Yes the 9630's browser is as good as the Storm's at rendering pages and the browser also handles javascript better.
    05-04-09 08:48 AM
    well thx for the info and its nice to see RIM come out with more Berries and u lucky cx i want a 9630 also but i will have to wait and like i said im a noob. is there anyway that i can get the bold to work for verizon because at&t sucks where i live and i rather not use them but i am also a big fan of the bold well pretty much all BlackBerries except for the pearl(i just think its more of a chick phone)
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????????? im shocked to hear that.
    05-04-09 09:02 AM
    damn... thats a lot of posting in one day. I don't even know where to begin
    05-04-09 12:54 PM
    Well, older Gen Curves only allowed for 2 connections/channels for downloads whereas the 8900 allows for 8. Obviously this makes a significant difference and is what makes the 8900 as speedy as it is. Some swear the 8900 is as fast or faster, but internal tests prove otherwise, albeit not too much of a difference, difference nonetheless.

Cool, thanks for the info.
    05-04-09 01:29 PM
    I hope there is as nice of a keybord on the tour as on the bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 06:34 PM
    I hope there is as nice of a keybord on the tour as on the bold

It is pretty much the same one, only slightly smaller.
    05-04-09 09:14 PM

Yes the 9630's browser is as good as the Storm's at rendering pages and the browser also handles javascript better.

this my friend pretty much sealed the deal for me tour here I come@!
    05-04-09 10:45 PM
    I just want the stupid thing to come out.. I'm still angry about how bad the storm sucked, and my curve is gettin old quick.
    05-04-09 11:04 PM
    I just want the stupid thing to come out.. I'm still angry about how bad the storm sucked, and my curve is gettin old quick.
    Yes but I think its partially do to the press to get the storm out by the holidays.

I want it to come out as well. However I want them to take the time they need to make it a good device. I really want Rim to have good "press" for this phone as the bold launch across sea's and the storm launch didn't bring in the greatest of conversations across the internet and media
    05-05-09 01:06 AM
    Hey CX, question for you.. Everyone is ranting and raving over the speakerphone on this 9630.. How does this compare to the bold? better or the same? is it very loud? because i find the 8330's speaker to be awfully low... and any word on the illusive magnum?
    05-05-09 03:51 PM
    Hey CX, question for you.. Everyone is ranting and raving over the speakerphone on this 9630.. How does this compare to the bold? better or the same? is it very loud? because i find the 8330's speaker to be awfully low... and any word on the illusive magnum?
    word is the speakerphone is noticeably better than the bold.

and yes, CX, i know it doesn't have SV-DO...
    Last edited by md12; 05-05-09 at 05:02 PM.
    05-05-09 04:59 PM
    word is the speakerphone is noticeably better than the bold.

and yes, CX, i know it doesn't have SV-DO...

I wondor how many people actually use the speaker phone on there cellphone. I never actually used it truthfully I tried it out

is this valuable to people? just curious
    05-06-09 04:39 PM
    I wondor how many people actually use the speaker phone on there cellphone. I never actually used it truthfully I tried it out

is this valuable to people? just curious
    I use the speakerphone all the time, wouldn't have one without it. The speaker is very important for calls and for music and videos. And the 9630's speaker is great.

05-06-09 04:50 PM
    speakerphone is great when u forget ur bluetooth and still want to use ur phone while driving...
    05-06-09 08:46 PM
    I use the speakerphone all the time, wouldn't have one without it. The speaker is very important for calls and for music and videos. And the 9630's speaker is great.

I guess the music bit is kind of important for me but I just never find my situation in need of a speaker phone not saying that there not useful its just usually im on a conference call in a board room ;D which often already has a phone in it..
    05-06-09 09:29 PM
    A phone with a good speaker phone is very important for me because when I am with clients out of the office, the speaker phone is crucial. In my eyes, a blackberry is like a mobile office in your hand...a very important tool for the business man, which is why I will be buying a blackberry very soon. I can't waste my time with using devices made by any other manufacturer any longer.
    Last edited by BBZAX; 05-07-09 at 03:59 PM.
    05-07-09 03:55 PM
    A phone with a good speaker phone is very important for me because when I am with clients out of the office, the speaker phone is crucial. In my eyes, a blackberry is like a mobile office in your hand...a very important tool for the business man, which is why I will be buying a blackberry very soon. I can't waste my time with using devices made by any other manufacturer any longer.

Hey that's cool I guess it all depends on the person because from the times that I have been in company's I just personally never used it.
    05-07-09 04:04 PM
    The BB speakerphones have improved a lot from my experience. The Storm's is loud and works great. I am confident the Tour's will be just as good if not better.
    05-07-09 06:12 PM
    The speakerphone on the storm is quite good but compared to the 9630 it does not compare.. Crisp and clear and amazing sounding...
    05-07-09 06:33 PM
    blackmannx, how would you compare the speakerphone between the 9630 and the 8330?
    05-07-09 07:47 PM
    The speakerphone on the storm is quite good but compared to the 9630 it does not compare.. Crisp and clear and amazing sounding...

well I will have to check that out I never really thought of using it much maybe ill try it out and see just how good it actually is
    05-07-09 07:51 PM
    Your friend got incorrect information about the plan for Verizon. The BIS plan for both Verizon and ATT are $30/month, and the BES plus BIS plan for both carries is roughly $45/month. The main difference is that with ATT, you have the option of not subscribing to a data plan at all, and using the data pay per use feature.

the thing thats weird about this is on at&t's site there basic blackberry plan is listed at 35?

why is it listed at 35.... I know its really 30 but don't understand why its 35 on the website...
    05-20-09 03:27 AM
    the phone will be a home run for VZW users who have no other options available to them.....
    Bold users for the most part will yawn and go back to sleep when it comes to the 9630 because it offers nothing that the Bold doesnt already have and the Bold has features the 9630 will never have...
    based on what i know right now i'm thinking i would rather have an 8900 than a 9630..the 8900 has 14 less MHZ ..WiFi..UMA...same camera and the same amount of application memory.... i can live with EDGE when the phone has WiFi available....
    the 8900 is seriously what you need to be comparing the 9630 to
    Good post.
    05-20-09 11:10 PM
318 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD