the site I gave out is not wrong sorry and it is correct one !!
    You can keep posting links all you want. That does not make them right.

I'm sticking with CX's word (he's a tester for RIM so he's definitely more in the know than the people who write those sites, most of whom get their info from eachother) unless he corrects himself.
    04-14-09 11:37 PM
    You can keep posting links all you want. That does not make them right.

I'm sticking with CX's word (he's a tester for RIM so he's definitely more in the know than the people who write those sites, most of whom get their info from eachother) unless he corrects himself.
    I am not wrong at all and I can find many links proving storm using 624 mhz and you can go find links yourself and you can see it if CX check the links that I gave out here and he will know I'm right because the links show strong evidence about storm's processor
    04-15-09 12:01 AM
    I am not wrong at all and I can find many links proving storm using 624 mhz and you can go find links yourself and you can see it if CX check the links that I gave out here and he will know I'm right because the links show strong evidence about storm's processor
    * shakes head* he doesn't need to check any links. He works for the company that made the phone. I'm not going to get into a linking match with you and I'm gonna withdraw from this part of the discussion now, because clearly I'm not going to convince you. Good day.
    04-15-09 12:14 AM
    * shakes head* he doesn't need to check any links. He works for the company that made the phone. I'm not going to get into a linking match with you and I'm gonna withdraw from this part of the discussion now, because clearly I'm not going to convince you. Good day.
    I was pretty confused about this too because of wikipedia. Many sources quote it as up to 624mhz. But others clock it at 528mhz. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter because of more reputable sources.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 12:30 AM
    Actually I do. I stand by my statement.

No, more RAM does not equal faster device. It can help, but alone will not.

Must say I agree for the most part.

This is your opinion. Definitely not fact. Yes, more memory on the 8900 is definitely nice. But in no way makes it superior to the Bold. Regardless of anything the 8900 has, it is not as fast as the 9000. Yes it's close, but close does not count. Nor does the 8900 have voice and data. It all comes down to need/wants and preference, but to say the 8900 is superior to the 9000 is downright false. That is the only thing it has over the Bold aside from a better camera with auto-focus.
    Well, I guess this is your opinion as well, and not fact. You feeling the superior camera of the 8900, the greater memory, the higher resolution, and the UMA abilities of the 8900 doesn't make it a better device - and I feel it does - and I have both - I guess we all can have our opinions based on need.

The Bolds processor HAD to be faster at the time it was designed, to assure proper functionality - this stems back to the old 3G 8707, which I also had, and never really worked properly. The processor was, I believe, no faster (or marginally) than the 8700. The reason that phone didn't work, and constantly crashed, was the processor, which of course then was slower anyway as a result of the technology then, couldn't handle and process the 3g data coming in as fast as it did. There is no doubt that the Bold was designed with the higher processor to deal solely with that, and made sure they were way safe to compensate for the 8707 debacle, so RIM wouldn't produce a 3g device that could potentially tank. As a result, the battery life took a big hit - but, at least it worked (works). As I believe the Storm processor is slower than the Bold, I had read that as the Bold was a design started quite a while ago, they found better algorithms to deal with the 3g for the Storm, which of course trades off for better battery life - something all phone manufacturers try to balance.

Anyway, there is no perfect device. That's why I carry a Blackberry 8900, and, a Nokia N85 with me. And my Storm when I'm in Japan. And my Bold just stays in the dugout .....
    Last edited by jeffharris; 04-15-09 at 12:36 AM.
    04-15-09 12:33 AM
    blah, blah, blah...

ever heard of duel core chipsets? no? look it up.

Products and services / digital PCS / handsets / BlackBerry 9530 - TELUS Mobility - Ontario

now zip it.
    04-15-09 12:37 AM
    I was pretty confused about this too because of wikipedia. Many sources quote it as up to 624mhz. But others clock it at 528mhz. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter because of more reputable sources.

some links says 528 mhz and some says 624 mhz but no one knows the correct ones at all for storm.
    04-15-09 12:37 AM
    I think the people that make them and sell them would know a little more about what's the processor speed instead of some random internet people (links). Also, I believe the processors can actually be faster by they have to limit them for the device so they work properly.
    04-15-09 12:47 AM
    I have other evidence that storm and bold have same processor so here the link and u can check at

Fastest Processor - Cell Phones Top List

bold and storm are ranked 3 rd fastest processor for cellphone and you can go see for yourself that I am correct about it thank you
    No the 9530 does not have as fast a processor as the Bold. One uses Qualcomm while the other uses Marvell. Big difference. Furthermore, the processor in the 9530 is dual core. One for processing and one for graphics. Regardless, it is not as fast as the Bolds processor.
    04-15-09 06:48 AM
    Is the bold worth paying $230 in etf from Verizon? or should i wait for 9630 which might not come out till August? HELP!!!!
    04-15-09 02:56 PM
    Is the bold worth paying $230 in etf from Verizon? or should i wait for 9630 which might not come out till August? HELP!!!!
    Depends how you look at it. Ive been meaning to do the same BUT, ATT service is so shotty I don't know that I can do it. Verizon on the other hand has the best service in Arizona. It has its pros and cons.

ATT:
    Great phone
    Crappy Service

Verizon:
    Crappy phone
    Great Service.

This is relative to where I live, might be different for you.
    04-15-09 04:04 PM
    + 100 for a $300 bold v $200 niagara.
    04-15-09 04:21 PM
    + 100 for a $300 bold v $200 niagara.
    I was going to do the Free Refurb Bold but the ATT service changed my mind.
    04-15-09 04:41 PM
    The Niagara looks like the perfect balance of phone.
    It is bigger than the Curve/8900, but smaller than the Bold 9000.

I adored the size of the 88XX, and equip it now with a camera and that other fixin's, oh boy.

I'm trying to get my hands onto a Storm, but only time will tell ultimately where I end up.
    04-15-09 04:51 PM
    I'm in NJ and AT&T coverage is supposedly strong here. I have a crappy Voyager that is bout to die and i dont want to wait for the 9630 if it comes out in August like some people are saying. Lets face it, RIM and VZW arent the best with keeping to release dates.
    04-15-09 07:53 PM
    wow I hope the may/june date is right but if u are right about august I may have a problem... this Q is not going to last that long. fingers cross for june..... also WIKI is NOT a reliable source. it is laughed out of the scientific community for a reason. any aO can put info on there. but i'm not saying 5xx or 6xx the dual throws a wrench in the comparison for sure too.

04-15-09 09:37 PM
    I'm in NJ and AT&T coverage is supposedly strong here. I have a crappy Voyager that is bout to die and i dont want to wait for the 9630 if it comes out in August like some people are saying. Lets face it, RIM and VZW arent the best with keeping to release dates.
    AT&T coverage depends on where in NJ, probably just like most carriers. I'm in northern NJ and found that AT&T's coverage was spotty at best whereas Verizon's coverage is excellent; Verizon hasn't let me down anywhere I travel in the tri-state area.

Personally, I wish that wasn't the case because I would love to have the Bold, but good coverage is more important to me so I'll be waiting for the 9630. I have the 8830WE now and love it, but it's time for a change and an officially updated OS (and I miss having a camera available).

If possible, check out the AT&T coverage around where you live and/or work before signing on the dotted line.

Good luck!
    04-15-09 10:35 PM
    Depends how you look at it. Ive been meaning to do the same BUT, ATT service is so shotty I don't know that I can do it. Verizon on the other hand has the best service in Arizona. It has its pros and cons.

ATT:
    Great phone
    Crappy Service

Verizon:
    Crappy phone
    Great Service.

This is relative to where I live, might be different for you.
    Well, the 9630 most likely is not going to be a crappy phone...so let me fix your post for you:

ATT:
    Great phone
    Crappy Service

Verizon:
    Most likely great phone
    Great service.

Thank you.
    04-15-09 10:40 PM
    I am in the same situation.
    If I leave Verizon I will pay the $155 ETF ( my company will take care of this as they are fed up with my Storm).
    I am going to wait until the 21st to see if the new offering from T-Mobile will be a BB other wise I will go back to AT&T and get the Bold.

I was also thinking the Pre, but not sure yet.
    04-16-09 02:11 AM
    Well, the 9630 most likely is not going to be a crappy phone...so let me fix your post for you:

ATT:
    Great phone
    Crappy Service

Verizon:
    Most likely great phone
    Great service.

Thank you.

for a more reliable assertion of verizon minus the coolaid!

Verizon:
    Good: service, network
    Bad: phone selection, crippled features
    04-16-09 07:18 AM
    There is much debate over the inferior RAM in the Bold as well as the browser speed. Should this deter me from getting it instead of waiting for the 9630?
    04-16-09 01:41 PM
    Thanks Med. I've checked with some of my friends with AT&T in my neighborhood Monmouth County and they all swear by AT&T. I'm so tempted to get that sexy Bold!
    04-16-09 01:42 PM
    There is much debate over the inferior RAM in the Bold as well as the browser speed. Should this deter me from getting it instead of waiting for the 9630?
    The biggest problem is we dont know anything about the 9630 that is for sure. Even with the leaked units we dont know if that is how the phone will look or perform. I want the BOLD so bad.
    04-16-09 01:47 PM
    I would wait until the end of May and then if Niagara isn't out or we don't have any more solid info about it or a release date then get your Bold. But I wold really hate to be in the situation of just getting the Bold only to have Niagara come out a couple weeks later and be a lot better.
    04-16-09 10:40 PM
    I would wait until the end of May and then if Niagara isn't out or we don't have any more solid info about it or a release date then get your Bold. But I wold really hate to be in the situation of just getting the Bold only to have Niagara come out a couple weeks later and be a lot better.

the 9630 will not be better than the Bold based on a few (IMHO) facts
    the Bold has better hardware
    OS 5.0 will be on both devices by the time the 9630 is launched with the same updated browser and core OS
    Bold has WiFI, simultaneous data and voice and a faster processor
    9630 has more memory and a better camera
    that makes the 9630 potentially a better device how?
    i'm not interested in the "its cute" debate or the "you have girly hands so a smaller device is better" debate
    bottom line is the Bold just does more than the 9630 and no matter how much RIM or VZW hype the device its the same old same old QWERTY keyboard with a twist and LCD with a few more pixels that nobody with the naked eye can even notice
    Last edited by giantfan30; 04-17-09 at 11:26 AM.
    04-17-09 11:23 AM
318 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD