04-02-09 04:53 PM
100 1234
tools
    Thought I'd sum up the questions so it'd be easier if you wanted to answer + add a couple of my own.

1. Where did you get it/were you the one that bought it off of eBay?

2. Could you make a video showing various angles?

3. How does it feel in your hand?

4. Does the keyboard have flat keys?

5. Is it mini or micro USB?

6. What are the dimensions (if you wouldn't mind measuring).

Thanks
    03-15-09 02:40 PM
    Cool cool, I just hope the OS gets a lot better before launch. But there is always that statement ringing in my head: "According to RIM's co-CEO Jim Balsillie, buggy smartphone OSes are "the new reality" because companies will rush to release the phones "by the skin of their teeth" both while the handsets are still relevant and before big sales days like "Black Friday."

*Sigh*
    03-15-09 02:51 PM
    What is the onboard memory! I hope 1 gig and 256 megs for ap memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 03:48 PM
    I had no doubt in mind I was going to buy the Niagara the day it releases but after reading somethings on here, I'm having second thoughts. I know it could still be a while before the device is officially released but after the recent devices being released with dysfunctional OSes I'm a bit skeptical.
    03-15-09 04:05 PM
    How long does it typically take RIM to develope a os for a new device? Lookin at the storm there hasn't been a new official release for quite awhile now. I'm sure that I don't fully realize all that goes into os development, but it seems like with all the os that they do have that they wouldn't have to start from scratch when making one for a new model, that it would just tweaking a few things here and there to make it work for that particular device but I don't really know what I'm talking about lol.

03-15-09 04:12 PM
    that's one sweet looking device! Thanks for posting pics
    03-15-09 04:36 PM
    hey guys! well i finally made a quick video!! here is the link! enjoy!!!
    03-15-09 04:52 PM
    No WiFi? Awww man. Why does VZW cripple their devices?

EDIT: Thanks for the video!!!
    03-15-09 04:57 PM
    thanks for the video!
    03-15-09 05:01 PM
    You are the man for that video! You'll go down in history as the FIRST to post a Niagara video online! LOL! Great preview video! Thanks!

P.S.: You should probably change the title of this thread to Niagara Pics and Video and put the pics and video in the first post. I think this thread would grow hugely in a matter of minutes.
    Last edited by kingzee; 03-15-09 at 05:04 PM.
    03-15-09 05:02 PM
    Did your source tell you if they knew of any projected release dates for carriers? Or at least when it would first make it's way onto the scene publicly?

Thanks. One more time, YOU ARE THE MAN for that video!
    03-15-09 05:08 PM
    Yeah just watched it. SWEEET
    03-15-09 05:14 PM
    ur the best for the pics and vid man!!!
    I cant wait to get this phone in september itll be my first BB.
    03-15-09 05:15 PM
    Great pics and vid !

Bodisaffa

03-15-09 05:15 PM
    That device looks brand new not a 12th hand device. Meaning right out of the factory. Ha! Good job.
    03-15-09 05:21 PM
    Thanks a lot for the video! Hopefully you can get the OS working and then make a REAL video!
    03-15-09 05:23 PM
    Nice job, dude. Thanks for that. Still wondering where you got the phone, though lol. And I like how you said "waiting on a new OS so I can use the phone as my day to day one". I feel like you got the phone from someone official and are actually expecting new OS soon. Just my guess though
    03-15-09 05:43 PM
    wow good deal.. except that app error you get on boot.

May have to wait until an official release to get the software. You may want to go back to the person you got it from...
    03-15-09 05:46 PM
    Thanks for the video! I'm planning to make the switch from WinMo to BB, and this looks like my next phone. Glad to hear that it seems to be a solid device. And by the time Sprint gets it, I imagine the OS will be a stable one.
    03-15-09 05:52 PM
    Nice video. Thanks for that.

Pretty funny stuff "Crappy 4.7.1.10 OS"

Can you keep us up to date on this thread about the OS when you get those updates installed? Those reboots are pretty unsettling : )

Having flashbacks here.

03-15-09 06:13 PM
    Of course the phone is going to crash, lol. It's pre-release. It will obviously be different when released.

Thanks for the pics/vids though!
    03-15-09 06:23 PM
    All I can say is.......I REALLY WANT THIS PHONE.

Thanks for the video and info
    03-15-09 06:25 PM
    Now that the OP has the phone, I was wondering if he could shed some light on to the specifications of the phone. We know its going to replace the 8830, but does it only have 900/1800 GSM bands or it does have 3G bands as well.
    Thanks in advance.
    03-15-09 06:59 PM
    yes thank you for the video man that phone is sweet! i hope there is a new os for you soon so you can really use it! omg that thing is awesome! i cant wait for it!!!!!
    03-15-09 07:02 PM
    Why am I not surprised that it doesn't have wifi?
    03-15-09 07:03 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD