I see you're Canadian, eh? Hehe, j/k.

Seriously though, big ups for the vid. I hope you get that stable OS so then you can make another vid of the phone in action.
    03-15-09 06:11 PM
    yea the no wifi kind of sucks but o well my browser is fast enough for me. i really cant wait for a release date i wish it would be out in april!
    03-15-09 06:14 PM
    Thanks for the video! May you get 4.7.1.17 the latest OS Kevin has listed on his OS thread.
    03-15-09 06:32 PM
    How can you tell it doesn't have WIFI if it doesn't turn on??
    03-15-09 06:36 PM
    Also, the wifi could possibly be enabled. I believe CX stated this has wifi capabilities so maybe for pre-release it's not enabled. I still have faith in what CX said.
    03-15-09 06:39 PM
    Also, the wifi could possibly be enabled. I believe CX stated this has wifi capabilities so maybe for pre-release it's not enabled. I still have faith in what CX said.
    Nobody knows if it will be released with Wi-Fi except VZW.

If CX was releasing it it would have Wi-Fi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 06:44 PM
    Thanks for the video! May you get 4.7.1.17 the latest OS Kevin has listed on his OS thread.
    Where is this thread located? Link please. Thx.
    03-15-09 06:53 PM
    How can you tell it doesn't have WIFI if it doesn't turn on??
    It does turn on, it just doesn't stay turned on very long. He said earlier it would stay on sometimes for 5 minutes at a time and then reset. It just looks like when he was taking the video the phone was resetting repeatedly.

CX also said that WiFi could be gone altogether in the production models.
    03-15-09 07:03 PM
    Where is this thread located? Link please. Thx.
    Here you go.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lat...-builds-58960/
    03-15-09 07:06 PM
    He did, it could change. I'm being optomistic even though I don't really care about wifi.
    03-15-09 07:06 PM
    Thanks mein!
    03-15-09 07:15 PM
    This statement here has me worried : )

I know it is still early but I have lost a little faith in VZW/RIM since the release of the Storm

Do keep us posted.

Hopefully they get these issues fixed before release.

Why does that statement have you worried? I don't think any company would purposely release a prodcut like this with a OS that will reboot every 5 minutes. Obviously the one the OP got was not intended for release, however he got it.

The Storm had its issues but nothing like in comparison to whats happening on this device lol.
    03-15-09 07:46 PM
    hey guy! no problem for the video! when i first had it it was on for a bout 5 mins or so and i checked if it had wifif and did not! and then after that it just started to consantly reboot so now i am very very close to getting the latest os (fingers crossed) once i do i will post an os video for sure!
    03-15-09 07:50 PM
    That would be great once you get the new OS. You should update your phone model to 9630 even you probably can't. You should ask Kevin to let you update to 9630 so you can be the first.
    03-15-09 08:13 PM
    We all are wanting to see more and wish the the best of luck on the OS search.
    03-15-09 08:14 PM
    Omg thank you for the video. Defiantly holds me over for a while longer, can't wait to see the OS video.
    03-15-09 08:25 PM
    hey guy! no problem for the video! when i first had it it was on for a bout 5 mins or so and i checked if it had wifif and did not! and then after that it just started to consantly reboot so now i am very very close to getting the latest os (fingers crossed) once i do i will post an os video for sure!
    How's the weight compared to the Curve and/or 8900? We've seen the dimension specs but not the weight. Thanks for all the info.

Edit: Got a real accurate scale?
    03-15-09 09:07 PM
    May I ask how much you spent?
    03-15-09 09:11 PM
    Quick question.. You mentioned that you're currently using the curve 8900 as your daily phone. How do you plan on using this phone if this is suppose to be a CDMA device?

8900 is GSM correct? Unless, you got two separate lines?

BTW, I can't wait for this phone to release on Telus here in Canada.. I'll definitely pick it up as an upgrade from the curve 8330. I had the storm before the curve, but we all know how much of a failure the 9530 is. I just hate how CDMA users are stuck with either the old curve or the storm as their BB options.

03-15-09 09:17 PM
    I wish the 8900 come out on CDMA too.. I almost jumpshipped to Rogers completely because of the awesomeness of the new curve. I backed out after a week, because I can't be paying two lines and I love Telus services.

Why can't RIM just release phones that are compatible with both GSM and CDMA, just with different model numbers.. Like the Pearls (flip too) and Curve 83xx.

03-15-09 09:22 PM
    Why does that statement have you worried? I don't think any company would purposely release a prodcut like this with a OS that will reboot every 5 minutes. Obviously the one the OP got was not intended for release, however he got it.

The Storm had its issues but nothing like in comparison to whats happening on this device lol.
    Even 4-5 reboots a day is too much. That other device is a mess I don't want to go through that : )

Its too early anyway. Let's wait and see how these betas work for this guy. I can't see RIM not being able to get this device up and running properly by the time its released. I'm just optimistically cautious.

03-15-09 09:41 PM
    Quick question.. You mentioned that you're currently using the curve 8900 as your daily phone. How do you plan on using this phone if this is suppose to be a CDMA device?

8900 is GSM correct? Unless, you got two separate lines?

BTW, I can't wait for this phone to release on Telus here in Canada.. I'll definitely pick it up as an upgrade from the curve 8330. I had the storm before the curve, but we all know how much of a failure the 9530 is. I just hate how CDMA users are stuck with either the old curve or the storm as their BB options.

It will have a SIM card slot like the 9530 and will run of EDGE.
    03-15-09 09:57 PM
    Oh yeah.. That means you'll just have to get it unlocked.

03-15-09 10:01 PM
    sasila you rock brother! thanks for the increased pain of anticipation!
    03-15-09 10:19 PM
    A thought of note: Maybe RIM hasn't done any marketing because they want the OS to be nearly perfect before getting everyone riled up. I'm almost certain that they've learned from the Storm scenario. Another occurrence of that kind of thing and they could really, really lose a lot of business. Why? Because their brand and reputation for quality products will have been tarnished and compromised greatly. Consumers can forgive that kind of thing once, but twice in a row?
    03-15-09 11:55 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD