I was set on the 9630 being my next phone but now I am starting to think about the pre. This phone is looking pretty sweet. Obviously the opinions here will be biased but I thought I would get input from the fam... Your thoughts?
    04-24-09 09:56 PM
    I'd never want a device with moving parts, I'm going Tour (even though I think the name is lame)
    04-24-09 09:57 PM
    This is a tough call. If the Pre was being released on Verizon I'd go with it. Sprint is the deciding factor on this one for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 10:00 PM
    I will never call it the T word.. way to lame Pre will be on VZW 90 days after release is what I last read?
    04-24-09 10:01 PM
    I will never call it the T word.. way to lame It will be on VZW after 90 days is what I last read?
    Agreed, I will just use "9630" and the average person will be impressed that I used numbers and not a name
    04-24-09 10:02 PM
    This is a tough call. If the Pre was being released on Verizon I'd go with it. Sprint is the deciding factor on this one for me.

Yeah but won't the Pre be unlockable for VZW since them and Sprint are both CDMA?

04-24-09 11:09 PM
    I think the pre looks really good so I can't nock it but I would never jump on the sprint network. Truthfully the communication on a blackberry is tough to beat so even if the pre ends up being superb it would be a tough call. The tour will be a solid device overtime.. Palm has been around for a while but there diving into the market just like the storm and iPhone which may be challenging or nice

Truthfully its personal preference
    04-25-09 02:17 AM
    Idk, something always bring me back to BlackBerrys in the end..

04-25-09 10:51 AM
    Like others here exclaimed, Sprint is the deciding factor in this one.
    If it were on VZW I think i'd give it a try.
    It does look inticing however

The tour looks great, but I'm starting to see more and more upcoming qualities on the 9530 as it progresses, I may not switch.
    The tour looks just like every other BB right now though. But, I'm still debating.

Time will tell.
    04-25-09 10:57 AM
    Yeah but won't the Pre be unlockable for VZW since them and Sprint are both CDMA?

Based on this, the storm would be unlockable for sprint.. no it doesnt work like that...
    04-25-09 11:11 AM
    Like others here exclaimed, Sprint is the deciding factor in this one.
    If it were on VZW I think i'd give it a try.
    It does look inticing however

The tour looks great, but I'm starting to see more and more upcoming qualities on the 9530 as it progresses, I may not switch.
    The tour looks just like every other BB right now though. But, I'm still debating.

Time will tell.
    Except for the fact that there is a storm 2 coming...I highly doubt many more things will come for the current storm.. It seems like they have already abandoned the current storm in preparation for the storm 2 and tour... What qualities would you be talking about?
    04-25-09 11:16 AM
    Isnt the pre running Windows Moible ? i mean **** Win mo is Win mo , its ugly no matter how pretty you make it look.
    04-25-09 12:26 PM
    I don't understand why people say, if the PRE were a Verizon phone i would jump on but its Sprint. what is Sprint a cancer or something. I mean i would totally understand if someone were to say that about T-mobile and AT&T. i had AT&T, Verizon and now Sprint, and truth is i would never go back to AT&T again. And if Verizon were to lose there crippled phones, over priced plans, I might take a chance with them again, Till then i am totally satisfied with Sprint, coverage and data are great. Most likely i will take the jump for the PRE or the Niagara/Tour when my contract is up and will enjoy it alot more knowing i am saving on average 35-40 extra a month. And when the PRE does come out, i wish its a huge hit for both Palm and Sprint so you verizon guys can keep your network.
    04-25-09 12:48 PM
    The plans are not that different............ im running 4 phones 1400 min , blackberry plan and 2 handset insurances for 110 a month after taxes.......... what are u running ?
    04-25-09 01:01 PM
    The plans are not that different............ im running 4 phones 1400 min , blackberry plan and 2 handset insurances for 110 a month after taxes.......... what are u running ?
    not a bad plan there iv got 5 lines with unlimited text, data, tv, navigator, and all the other features sprint offers on all 5 lines, sprint pick 3 on one, and insurance on all lines and with my discounts i pay about $188 dollars a month i dont think Verizon can beat that if so please show me.
    04-25-09 02:12 PM
    I was set on the 9630 being my next phone but now I am starting to think about the pre. This phone is looking pretty sweet. Obviously the opinions here will be biased but I thought I would get input from the fam... Your thoughts?
    I've used both and I think it depends on what you need out of a device. If you want a device for mostly media and browsing, then you should probably go with the Pre. If you need an email device, need to stay connected to work related things, or want a great email/messaging machine, with a good phone, browser, and some other perks go with the 9630. The Pre, IMHO, is in the same class as the Storm. Good for multimedia/browsing, but if you need to get things done and done quickly and have some fun on the side, the 9630 is your choice.
    04-25-09 03:02 PM
    Except for the fact that there is a storm 2 coming...I highly doubt many more things will come for the current storm.. It seems like they have already abandoned the current storm in preparation for the storm 2 and tour... What qualities would you be talking about?
    I'm talking about it's qualities as a working phone. LOL
    .132 has been running great, i admit hardware faults is an issue.
    But applications, and the big screen make it loveable. (Well, love-hate)

I just don't see upgrading to the Tour, when we MAY see another BB touchscreen come out within a year.

But, like I said, I'm still debating. I do miss a physical keyboard
    04-25-09 03:07 PM
    I've used both and I think it depends on what you need out of a device. If you want a device for mostly media and browsing, then you should probably go with the Pre. If you need an email device, need to stay connected to work related things, or want a great email/messaging machine, with a good phone, browser, and some other perks go with the 9630. The Pre, IMHO, is in the same class as the Storm. Good for multimedia/browsing, but if you need to get things done and done quickly and have some fun on the side, the 9630 is your choice.
    There goes CX swaying my thoughts again.. lol
    04-25-09 03:10 PM
    There goes CX swaying my thoughts again.. lol
    LOL. It's totally up to you bro. I use my Storm for media and browsing, more so on the weekends when I'm relaxing. I use the 9630 and the 9000 throughout the week at work. I love the Storm don't get me wrong, but I'm much more productive with the physical keyboard devices at work. Either way, both devices are good. Hard to go wrong with either.
    04-25-09 03:17 PM
    lol, keeping an eye on the competition I see.

Honestly, carrier is the deciding factor for me. I'm spoiled with Verizon, I just like their coverage. Plus, Sprint went WiMax instead of LTE and that's a big turnoff for me. I'm really looking forward to LTE because it'll force Verizon to move to SIM card based phones for primary coverage again... this means I can keep my carrier and sport ANY unlocked LTE handset if Verizon doesn't have what I want (which is currently the case with CDMA technology... Verizon blows in what they make available for phones, ugh!) So, personally, if the Pre was coming to Verizon, I'd have to take a close look at it's email integration, but if that joker gave me full mailbox sync on multiple Exchange boxes, I'd sleep with it. If the Pre can do at least the same or better in terms of email capabilities that I'm getting out of the box with a Blackberry (i.e. BIS only), then it's positive. If it only does POP with no Exchange interaction (OWA or ActiveSync) then it'll be a POS in my book. I'm sorry, but I gota have my business email connectivity... even if it's limited to Inbox and Sent Items reconciliation like it is with BIS.
    04-25-09 03:18 PM
    I've had other phones but I always come back to blackberries
    04-25-09 05:11 PM
    If the Pre were on VZ I would look at it. I say this because to get full 3G Sprint features where I live, I would have to drive about 20 miles. I am poor area for their coverage and I am in a city of 500,000 people.
    Last edited by CSI Guy; 04-25-09 at 05:20 PM.
    04-25-09 05:17 PM
    I am not a big fan of slider phones. I like to be able to do stuff without causing the phone to get bigger.

04-25-09 05:24 PM
    I keep reading about the Pre running a windows mobile OS ... That isn't the case. The Pre runs a Lynix based OS called webos. Not windows mobile.

04-25-09 07:05 PM
    The Pre, IMHO, is in the same class as the Storm. Good for multimedia/browsing, but if you need to get things done and done quickly and have some fun on the side, the 9630 is your choice.
    That will work. I need it for business use. The storm just was not up to the task, though it is a great consumer device, so it sounds like the 9630 will be the phone. All theses touch phones are uber candy so I have a hard time not wanting one. Thanks CX.
    Last edited by Primate; 04-25-09 at 07:16 PM.
    04-25-09 07:13 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD