The 9630 I use has a few problems, but nothing any where close to what you've seen online. I used that build what seems like ages ago.
    Hmm, I may have to take a drive down and take a look.

Aside: your new avatar pic is priceless.
    03-28-09 09:30 PM
    The 9630 I use has a few problems, but nothing any where close to what you've seen online. I used that build what seems like ages ago.
    That is an exciting post for me
    03-28-09 09:30 PM
    Hmm, I may have to take a drive down and take a look.

Aside: your new avatar pic is priceless.
    Yes it's going to be a good one. Don't get me wrong, I definitely like this device. But I'm not retiring my Bold for it.

She turned 18months yesterday so those were Easter and 18 mo pics. Thanks for the kind words bro.
    03-28-09 09:34 PM
    Hard to say. With what happened with the Storm, although technically Verizon considers the Storm a success, one would think no they wouldn't. Add that theres no major holiday to get the device out ahead of, and one would think definitely not. Considering what market they're targeting this device towards, I would suspect that they aren't. Everyone I've been in contact with at VZW has been totally interested in making the device the best it can be. It has a different feel than it did with the Storm. Hard to explain unless you're there working with them.
    I can see where Verizon thinks it's a sucess, just because of the sales. I don't know an exact number of how many were sold, but I bet they really thought it was a good idea to push it out before the holiday. I just hope that they don't rush it and release a phone with so many bugs a lot of customers have to return it because of that.
    03-28-09 09:36 PM
    Yes it's going to be a good one. Don't get me wrong, I definitely like this device. But I'm not retiring my Bold for it.

She turned 18months yesterday so those were Easter and 18 mo pics. Thanks for the kind words bro.
    So, it does not win out over the Bold? Interesting.

No problem man. You know I am a fan of your little cutie.
    03-28-09 09:37 PM
    So, it does not win out over the Bold? Interesting.

No problem man. You know I am a fan of your little cutie.
    That is interesting. I don't know why they wouldn't want it to be like the Bold. Or even better. The Bold is a great device and a great seller.
    03-28-09 09:42 PM
    That is interesting. I don't know why they wouldn't want it to be like the Bold. Or even better. The Bold is a great device and a great seller.
    Well, most likely, it is a bit better than the Bold. However, that does not mean it is the right device for Mr. CX. Something is actually going to have to knock my socks off for me to leave my Bold. So, I get what he is saying.
    03-28-09 09:50 PM
    Well, most likely, it is a bit better than the Bold. However, that does not mean it is the right device for Mr. CX. Something is actually going to have to knock my socks off for me to leave my Bold. So, I get what he is saying.
    This is true. But if they have never had a BlackBerry before, especially the Bold then this device might be a good one for them. But hopefully it's at least a little faster than the Bold. I would still like one.
    03-28-09 09:54 PM
    That is an exciting post for me
    I second that.
    03-28-09 10:12 PM
    Hard to say. With what happened with the Storm, although technically Verizon considers the Storm a success, one would think no they wouldn't. Add that theres no major holiday to get the device out ahead of, and one would think definitely not. Considering what market they're targeting this device towards, I would suspect that they aren't. Everyone I've been in contact with at VZW has been totally interested in making the device the best it can be. It has a different feel than it did with the Storm. Hard to explain unless you're there working with them.
    maybe i'm reading to much into the comment of you saying Verizon is totally interested in making the device the best it can be but i would think if Verizon felt that way they would include wifi
    03-28-09 10:45 PM
    Okay, so this makes it sound like the Bold is the better device but why??? I know it could just be preference but what do you like about the Bold more???
    03-28-09 11:12 PM
    Personally I like the styling and screen size of the bold. Could use a bit more memory though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 11:17 PM

what makes the bold better then the niagara?
    03-28-09 11:26 PM
    what makes the bold better then the niagara?
    Well I heard the Bold was still faster than the 9630.
    03-28-09 11:30 PM
    Well I heard the Bold was still faster than the 9630.
    If by launch the niagra is still slower than the bold then I consider this another major fail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 12:36 AM
    don't forget the lack of a major feature!!! WIFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-29-09 01:24 AM
    don't forget the lack of a major feature!!! WIFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not criticizing, but I have seen this complaint all over the place from you!

CX, does the 9630 have a glass screen?
    03-29-09 02:02 AM
    Ill definatly be owning this myself. But also keeping the Storm as well.
    03-29-09 08:18 AM
    Daddy like!

But I like my Storm as well.

Arghhhh!!!

I kind of want to get this too so I can switch between the two phones whenever. But with the physical keyboard you're stuck with qwerty at all times. At least with the Storm I can choose to use full qwerty or suretype on the fly. I've never used a full qwerty BB since the Storm is my first BB and I've gotten really accustomed to the suretype.
    If you get this phone you will HATE suretype, trust me a full qwerty blackberry is the best typing device you will ever experience.
    03-29-09 09:48 AM
    Not criticizing, but I have seen this complaint all over the place from you!

CX, does the 9630 have a glass screen?
    and your point is....?
    03-29-09 11:53 AM
    its getting old...theres no wifi, we get it
    03-29-09 11:58 AM
    it's a really good looking phone but i don't like the battery door, wish it was more like the bold's
    03-29-09 12:21 PM
    it's a really good looking phone but i don't like the battery door, wish it was more like the bold's
    There will be aftermarket battery doors. Not sure if they'll make them exactly like the Bold, but there will be options other than the factory one.
    03-29-09 01:16 PM
    CX,

What do you like about the Bold that would not make you retire the 9630?
    03-29-09 01:40 PM
    CX - Do you know if the screen is glass on this phone?
    03-29-09 01:44 PM
380 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD