i would love to have this phone.. but think about it.. late summer? that is a long time away it will be practically outdated by than with all these new phones flying in.. not a fan of the iphone but the new one should be out soon im guessing and im sure apple isn't going to let anyone down..

just your .02 would be nice. anybody
    04-26-09 06:54 PM
    A little late coming? Yes. Outdated? No. There is nothing revolutionary that will be coming out on the iPhone or Pre. No new technologies or anything else. This will be on par with the Bold, which is BBs most advance device thus far. (Not saying that it will be better, not trying to start that debate, just saying that this is VZWs version of what the Bold has.)
    04-26-09 07:06 PM
    late summer is a SPECULATION.
    we are shoving the knife deeper in ourselves by speculating dates we pull out the air or by "verizon reps/managers/call center employees/friends who work at rim" [with the exception of our few very reputable sources lol] we've heard it all....nothing we can do but wait.....trust me i learned the hard way lol...

&& this phone will not be outdated because it will have the newest blackberry OS on it [why would it not if RIM is focusing WES on BES 5.0] and will be the newest blackberry out
    Last edited by wbrownartist; 04-26-09 at 07:10 PM.
    04-26-09 07:08 PM
    A little late coming? Yes. Outdated? No. There is nothing revolutionary that will be coming out on the iPhone or Pre. No new technologies or anything else. This will be on par with the Bold, which is BBs most advance device thus far. (Not saying that it will be better, not trying to start that debate, just saying that this is VZWs version of what the Bold has.)
    it would be soo super kick *** if verizon got the bold when AT&T loses exclusivity if not already lol just thought i'd say tht
    04-26-09 07:09 PM
    That's the beauty of Verizon. By the time they decide to release a phone, there are already much better phones on the horizon for competing carriers.
    04-26-09 07:10 PM
    if it was going to be within a month or two i would go for it.. but we have reliable sources saying august? why should verizon be sitting dry with no "bold-like" phone until than.. by than we will be seeing the newer better blackberries on the horizon.. storm 2 and more im sure..
    04-26-09 07:20 PM
    if it was going to be within a month or two i would go for it.. but we have reliable sources saying august? why should verizon be sitting dry with no "bold-like" phone until than.. by than we will be seeing the newer better blackberries on the horizon.. storm 2 and more im sure..
    I think the reason Verizon is waiting is because they want this to be the best release. We seen what happened with the Storm (yes they think it was a success) and I don't think they want that again. Plus if they just got the phones a couple weeks ago, they need months to test em. And I heard the OS they're testing right now isn't the greatest, so they need time for that too.
    Last edited by blueberry15; 04-26-09 at 07:29 PM.
    04-26-09 07:25 PM
    itll be vzws best blackberry, and arguably the best bb in the lineup.

how is that outdated?

you mean it WILL be oudated SOON after its release? everything in tech is.
    04-26-09 07:27 PM
    I agree with the OP; I think this device is nothing to write home about but an updated Curve. The issue many of us have is that VZW has almost nothing to offer the consumer who wants something in the higher end market.
    04-26-09 08:07 PM
    Who ever said this was a revolutionary device? The manufacturer hasn't even confirmed it's existence, much less marketed it. People are downing the device before it's even announced. It's the replacement for the 8830. Bottom line. It wasn't made to be a game changer. It was made to replace the 8830 and give CDMA customers something comparable to the 9000.
    04-26-09 08:11 PM
    It actually replaces the 8830, the Curve AND the pearl, since they're all EVDO Rev 0 devices with older software versions.
    04-26-09 08:32 PM
    It actually replaces the 8830, the Curve AND the pearl, since they're all EVDO Rev 0 devices with older software versions.
    No, there is another device that will replace the 8330. Also the 8230 will be replacing the current Pearl.
    04-26-09 08:33 PM
    Considering how awful the pearl is to begin with, I'm good with the Tour replacing it. Or anything else replacing it. As for the curve, the Tour looks like it's more like a mix of the Curve/storm/bold with the 8830's worldwide capabilities. does it have a camera?
    04-26-09 08:34 PM
    Considering how awful the pearl is to begin with, I'm good with the Tour replacing it. Or anything else replacing it. As for the curve, the Tour looks like it's more like a mix of the Curve/storm/bold with the 8830's worldwide capabilities. does it have a camera?
    There will be a camera version and a version without a camera.(9630)
    04-26-09 08:36 PM
    I'll be getting the camera version then. Assuming VZW does get this device
    04-26-09 08:37 PM
    I'll be getting the camera version then. Assuming VZW does get this device
    Verizon will definitely get this device. Currently the Engineers and Dev Team love it. Testing is going good, but still a ways to go.
    04-26-09 08:40 PM
    I know you say you're part of dev and such, but I'm one of those that unless I see proof I don't believe it.... when I get an e-mail stating "hey we're getting a new berry for you poor suckers to support!" then I'll believe it lol
    04-26-09 08:43 PM
    No, there is another device that will replace the 8330.
    Ah, would that be the good ol' Jupiter? Manage to get your hands on one of those yet CX?
    04-26-09 08:45 PM
    I know you say you're part of dev and such, but I'm one of those that unless I see proof I don't believe it.... when I get an e-mail stating "hey we're getting a new berry for you poor suckers to support!" then I'll believe it lol
    That is fine with me, you are new here I don't expect you to know. Those who have been here for a while know. No worries.
    04-26-09 08:46 PM
    Ah, would that be the good ol' Jupiter? Manage to get your hands on one of those yet CX?
    Not yet. Still working with this.
    04-26-09 08:46 PM
    Not yet. Still working with this.
    Is that even it existence yet? I assume it would probably be released in very late 2009, even 2010?
    04-26-09 08:47 PM
    That is fine with me, you are new here I don't expect you to know. Those who have been here for a while know. No worries.
    Not even so much that, I'm a natural skeptic. Always have been, I don't believe anyone about anything without absolute proof.
    04-26-09 08:51 PM
    Is that even it existence yet? I assume it would probably be released in very late 2009, even 2010?
    I believe it is in existence. I know someone who is actually getting one either late next month or sometime in June. Along with a couple unreleased ones. 99XX, 92XX
    04-26-09 10:06 PM
    To answer the OP's question...Yes, it will be sorely outdated when you compare it to the Pre and the iPhone. But it is not outdated to Blackberry users...sad, right?
    04-26-09 11:42 PM
    Who ever said this was a revolutionary device? The manufacturer hasn't even confirmed it's existence, much less marketed it. People are downing the device before it's even announced. It's the replacement for the 8830. Bottom line. It wasn't made to be a game changer. It was made to replace the 8830 and give CDMA customers something comparable to the 9000.
    ummm...how about the review on here and or BGR? Those count for something. I am not "down grading" the device; more frustrated by VZW and their total neglect for what their customer wants.
    04-27-09 06:30 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD