Took it to Tmobile. Tmobile has no trouble getting the internet running, can make calls and texts. BUT: no internet or browser icon. They tried valiently and had blackberry support on the line for hours. No go.

I tried using CrackUtil. Removed the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon, followed the instructions and tried reinstalling it. Lots of stuff got installed, but no browser...

I must be a freak. I need step by tiny step instructions. I had no idea how to do the following instruction:
    "Download/Save the Service Books to your desktop, right click on the Zip file and select "Extract All". Inside is one .ipd file. You'll come back to it in Step 2"

Well I bypassed that, didn't I, since that made no sense - where does one go to do that? Desktop Manager? How? Where? UGH!

I've bought several newish cells from ebay including another BB Curve, with nary a problem, even tho they were unlocked from another provider.

Please, can someone walk me thru this? I am such a newbie to this stuff and am afraid I'm gonna screw up something big time. And meanwhile I have had it for 2 weeks and can't use it!
    11-25-09 04:42 AM
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
    Have you resent your Service Books?
    11-25-09 05:55 AM
    Of course I have a data plan...can't get internet & texting without it! This is not my first BB. Just my first that showed up with no icon for a browser!

I resent the service books, and as I said, nothing different happened. Still no browser on my cell anywhere.
    11-25-09 11:32 PM
    Is it activated on an active line? They have to be registered on BIS through an active phone line. If you take it out of the box and try to send the service books, you won't get anywhere.

Sorry if this diminutive suggestion offended you, but I had to suggest starting at the beginning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 12:46 AM
    Yes the line is active. Everything else works- texting, emails and phone calls.

I have been all over this forum and blackberry.com...all suggest resending the service book...on the DM I see it sending it to my device. Nothing different, no browser icon. Weird! The blackberry service reps as well as tmobile service reps have resent the service book with the same results.

I have re-registered it via the Host Routing Table. Tried a hard reboot. Nothing so far will give me a browser of any sort. Sigh
    11-26-09 01:40 AM
    Could the browser be hidden? Hit the BB Menu button and select "Show All." This should show all of the hidden files and, if the browser is simply hidden, it will appear (shaded) either on the home screen or in one of your folders.

I have to say that I haven't heard of the browser hiding itself before, but that doesn't mean that it can't happen...
    11-27-09 01:42 AM
    Nope...not hidden either.
    12-01-09 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD