I just downloaded 5.0.0 build 801 from blackberry.com for my Sprint 9630.

I'm having a hard time doing the upgrade though. Whenever BDM tries to pull the device ROM, my BB disconnects the connection, lights the LED red, and eventually reboots. I'm planning on blowing it out completely and starting from scratch this weekend - hopefully the new build will lay down.
    03-04-10 08:45 PM
    I just got a new Tour 9630 (Sprint). How do I know whether I have 5.0 or 4.7? I installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on my pc, and plugged in my device when prompted......is this where I download the software, will it give me 5.0?

Sorry, I'm a first time BlackBerry/smartphone user.......

Thanks for any help!
    03-04-10 10:57 PM
    I just got a new Tour 9630 (Sprint). How do I know whether I have 5.0 or 4.7? I installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on my pc, and plugged in my device when prompted......is this where I download the software, will it give me 5.0?

Sorry, I'm a first time BlackBerry/smartphone user.......

Thanks for any help!
    Go to options. Then select "About" it will tell you which one you have. Most likely it is a 4.7 since its new. I got mine 1 week ago and had to download the 5.0 version
    03-05-10 01:19 AM
    Go to options. Then select "About" it will tell you which one you have. Most likely it is a 4.7 since its new. I got mine 1 week ago and had to download the 5.0 version
    Thanks! I checked under "Options" / "About" and yes it's the 4.7. How or where do I download the 5.0 version, or should I just leave it alone with the 4.7? Thanks for your help!
    03-05-10 12:16 PM
    Hello this is my second BB just upgrded from curve to tour!! and want to get this new 5.0! just one question! i've been reading some of the post's and it seem's a very small number of people are having bugs and troubles!
    :: here's the 1 question!> If i download it and install it in phone, and have troubles can i just like go back to the factory 4.7?? just put it back like it was?
    03-06-10 03:47 PM
    If this is an official release how come its not in my desk top manager when I check for an update.
    03-07-10 01:23 AM
    yea I'm also having a problem trying to download 5.0. I tried doing it thru the phone which is u go to options then u find wireless update but it doesn't find any updates. Right now I have the 4.7 OS. Then when I try to download it by pluging it into the computer and running destop manager and i click on the update software it says I have the latest version which is 4.7. Why isn't my phone picking up the update if it is an official update from sprint?
    03-07-10 09:07 PM
    Dude! it is official!! i just downloaded it to my pc, turned on the BB DM and installed it smoothe az a baby's ****!! it's SIK FAST and flawless so far!! all is good
    I love my new,NEW! tour! just got this phone the other knowing this updrade was here!! here is the official link!! I copied and pasted it here UM! from the first entry page 12 this is page 13!!.........You can download it from here:

http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/bla..._5.0.0.484.exe
    03-07-10 09:33 PM
    "VERY KOOL"!!! and to all about the threaded sms, I like it!! all i had to do was re-register my berry buzz app! no sweat! and that is coming from someone who is very gun shy about changing a complete OS. I'm out! TTYL!
    03-07-10 09:38 PM
    My Fb appears to working fine with the upgrade!! jus' sayin!!
    03-08-10 09:38 AM
    Last night I reinstalled Sprint's 5.0, I backed up all apps using BBSAK, wiped it, and reloaded the OS. Works perfectly.

Crailey09, I haven't experienced any of the problems you describe. That's odd.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mine seems to be working flawlessly also! MAYBE!?!? a very little battery difference! but too soon to tell! I'll keep the forum posted!!
    03-08-10 10:10 AM
    I have a 9630. I also have a Mac and recently my DM told me that there was a new OS available. I downloaded it and during the installation the phone was bricked. I believe it was a 507 error. Sprint replaced my phone for me and I am back with 4.7. I would like to have 5.0, but I am worried about trying with DM again. Tried OTA, but it keeps failing. Any ideas?
    03-08-10 04:19 PM
    I have a Mac and a Verizon Tour. Anyone know how I can get this installed?

Thanks
    03-08-10 04:58 PM

Thanks

Somewhere in this forum you'll have to look for it! (not being a smartass)!but i know i saw a thread about someone using a MAC to do it but you have to parallels or something like that to make it work on MAC! I know i've seen it!
    03-08-10 05:51 PM
    Can someone give a quick summary of the reasons for upgrading? I just (=two days ago) got my Tour, and it's got 4.7. I'm happy with it. What would upgrading improve?

Thanks.
    03-08-10 06:17 PM
    Somewhere in this forum you'll have to look for it! (not being a smartass)!but i know i saw a thread about someone using a MAC to do it but you have to parallels or something like that to make it work on MAC! I know i've seen it!
    Thank you , (also please do not think I am trying to be a smartass), but parallels or any other visual machine emulator, or just running boot camp all is using Windows. I was looking to use Mac OS X. I have the Desktop Manager installed and have 4.7.161 on right now... Looking for 5.0 though!
    03-08-10 06:32 PM
    Try this link! it is for latest update for desktop manager!
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1.28 Now Available | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by Airowe; 03-10-10 at 07:50 PM.
    03-08-10 07:04 PM
    Try this link! it is for latest update for desktop manager!
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0.1.28 Now Available | CrackBerry.com
    That is for windows and I was stating that I have 4.71 on my Blackberry, but thank you for the help
    03-08-10 08:26 PM
    Can someone give a quick summary of the reasons for upgrading? I just (=two days ago) got my Tour, and it's got 4.7. I'm happy with it. What would upgrading improve?
    Thanks.
    Threaded SMS for one, a lot faster boot times for another.
    But I am sure there are downfalls also.
    Its just something you have to try and if you don't like go back.
    I would say if you are happy with what you have, stick with it.
    03-09-10 06:46 AM
    Anyone else have Major lag issues....whenever I do anything, i get the blackbox with spinning thing for like 30 seconds to a minute, especially in gmaps?
    03-09-10 07:50 AM
    Anyone else have Major lag issues....whenever I do anything, i get the blackbox with spinning thing for like 30 seconds to a minute, especially in gmaps?
    My biggest "lag" issue I get is when I close my messages. It seems to take forever to close and go back to my home screen. I would hazard a guess as to about triple the time to close my message window.
    I have noticed this with other application, but none seem as bad as when I close my messages.
    But, I never get the hourglass when this happens.
    03-09-10 08:14 AM
    If you have the Blackberry Twitter app on your phone, and have it sending notices to your mailbox it will slow down your ability to close the mailbox. Try unchecking the twitter app, and see if that doesn't speed things up.
    03-10-10 08:07 AM
    If you have the Blackberry Twitter app on your phone, and have it sending notices to your mailbox it will slow down your ability to close the mailbox. Try unchecking the twitter app, and see if that doesn't speed things up.
    Thanks richjolliff, but I don't use Twitter, so unless it is factory installed I don't even have it.
    03-10-10 10:37 AM

Thanks
    Find a buddy with a PC. If you don't have Parallels/VMWare/etc I think you're stuck with official releases unless you have access to a copy of Windows.

When VZW does get around to releasing it, I'd assume you'd be able to download it OTA, since that's what I did with my Sprint Tour.
    03-10-10 12:53 PM
    5.0 is great i love the new text message setup, and the layout and color scheme look great.The only issue i'm having is when i plug it into the computer it won't pull up my sd card anymore which makes it hard to add music or hack files directly to the sd card i have to manualy pull it out and use it. But it works fine in the phone while using the phone.

Is anyone else having this issue
    03-11-10 03:45 PM
302 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD