is there anything good about running this OS on Verizon? From what I'm reading, I'm having second thoughts about upgrading from .419 to .484
    I'm on VZW and using .484, battery life will get better after a day or so, other than that it's not bad in my opinion...
    02-26-10 11:27 AM
    I learned a trick to fix battery life on another forum here, try this:
    Use DM to backup your phone and then use BBSAK to backup your apps.

Go to the security options and wipe the phone.

Use DM to restore the phone and BBSAK to restore the applications.

I have NO IDEA what that should work but it does.... Battery life on my 8900 went from around 20 hours to several days of standby time.
    02-26-10 02:14 PM
    i have a sprint tour 9630 and i cant download the new update using computer or wireless
    computer says device selected has active dial-up networking session to close and try again what does this mean
    02-27-10 09:19 PM
    Tour just reboots randomly since this upgrade. Is this a known issue and if so what can I do to remedy the situation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 10:48 PM
    Just installed this on my U.S. Cellular Tour. Will report back results when it's finished.
    02-28-10 12:32 PM
    Okay.... i've been messing with this build for a while, it works great! But I've noticed that it didn't restore any of the apps on my phone. Like, Password keeper, memopad, docs to go, or any of my instant messaging apps, is this normal?
    02-28-10 04:24 PM
    I permantly lost several of my paid ones, too.
    02-28-10 04:26 PM
    Yea, same here. lost most of my apps & had to redownload & install them manually. Also noticed some funky hangups during the install process.

Also battery life with the 4.7 that I upgraded from lasted about 12 hours not even doing anything with the phone overnight. Seams a LOT better now with the 484. Been playing with it all day & only one bar has gone from the battery.

Also on my old Curve, wiping the device completely & reinstalling everything new & ONLY restoring the contacts from backup fixed weird memory & battery usage issues I had after upgrading to 4.5 so it may be worth a try on the Tour like others have posted. I guess it's sorta like Windows Operating systems for PC's where a clean OS install fixes all the stupid weird things that can occur with an upgrade installaltion after using the previous one for several years. Wipes all the settings & data to how they should be without transfering the corruption that happens after installing & uninstalling & using the software.
    Last edited by SPL15; 02-28-10 at 10:23 PM.
    02-28-10 10:18 PM
    Is anyone having trouble with their contact alerts? I had several, and none of them are seeming to work anymore. They seem to have reverted back to the default, even though the contact alerts are still there.....
    02-28-10 10:25 PM
    Since upgrading with the Sprint 5.0, my media player only plays one album's mp3's at a time. The time doesn't progress as the song plays, so it stops at the end of the song. Not sure what's up with that.
    03-01-10 09:54 AM
    Loaded 4.7.1.61 today, that seems to fix all the problems I've had.

I'll give 5.0 another shot when/if VZW issues their version.
    03-01-10 11:08 AM
    Just downloaded and installed the Sprint official 5.0 on my Sprint Tour last night and this morning noticed very poor battery life(now at 25%). I keep getting the send/receive arrows constantly like my phone is downloading or updating itself. The battery is very hot too. This wasn't happening last night that I can remember?! I have so far shut the data services off because I don't have a charger at work with me. Any ideas?
    03-01-10 11:35 AM
    I'm loving this 5.0.
    My only issue is that hitting the lock button does not automatically prompt my password anymore.
    It just locks the keyboard.
    Am I missing the option that prompts the password once the lock key is hit or is that changed with the update?
    If anyone has any info on this please let me know.
    THX Crackberry!!

03-01-10 01:31 PM
    Last night I reinstalled Sprint's 5.0, I backed up all apps using BBSAK, wiped it, and reloaded the OS. Works perfectly.

Crailey09, I haven't experienced any of the problems you describe. That's odd.

03-01-10 02:36 PM
    Just downloaded and installed the Sprint official 5.0 on my Sprint Tour last night and this morning noticed very poor battery life(now at 25%). I keep getting the send/receive arrows constantly like my phone is downloading or updating itself. The battery is very hot too. This wasn't happening last night that I can remember?! I have so far shut the data services off because I don't have a charger at work with me. Any ideas?
    The day after installing this OS my battery was draining quickly, the next day was much better and my battery life is better than 4.7
    03-01-10 02:41 PM
    On a sprint Tour:

I get a registration email every reboot and I get a popup asking me if I want to change my mode to global since I have a sim in. I do not want to change to global and I want it to stop asking...also, anyone else have the registration issue resolve itself?
    03-01-10 04:59 PM
    There is a patch for it. Search and ye shall find.
    03-01-10 06:27 PM
    no only if you have a different carrier
    Hello and thank u for the link, I have one small question, being that I have a sprint tour, do I still need to delete the vendor.xml file if i want to run a custom hybrid/java files?
    03-01-10 06:34 PM
    Anyone try this official .484 download on Verizon yet?
    I was wondering the same thing...
    03-01-10 09:18 PM
    I was wondering the same thing...
    I am, it's running fine for me...
    03-01-10 09:22 PM
    Is anyone having trouble with their contact alerts? I had several, and none of them are seeming to work anymore. They seem to have reverted back to the default, even though the contact alerts are still there.....
    THAT - is not good.

Since upgrading with the Sprint 5.0, my media player only plays one album's mp3's at a time. The time doesn't progress as the song plays, so it stops at the end of the song. Not sure what's up with that.
    Nor this.

Loaded 4.7.1.61 today, that seems to fix all the problems I've had.

I'll give 5.0 another shot when/if VZW issues their version.
    May be a good move.
    03-01-10 09:27 PM
    I am, it's running fine for me...
    Cool - sounds risky though. I would stress if I lost all my contacts or they were corrupted � even though they are backed up in Outlook... I tried 5-0 on the 9700 and it was great.
    03-01-10 09:31 PM
    why is the 5.0.0.484 software unavailable to download from this link. it says "Sorry, the file is temporarily unavailable, please try again later or contact the webmaster."
    03-01-10 11:32 PM
    I downloaded the 5.0 earlier, and it was nothing but problems. Apps were freezing, slow moving, etc... I've been spending the last 3hrs going back to the 4.7 and resetting up the phone. From what I understand, no noticeable changes anyway.
    03-01-10 11:41 PM
    a icon showed up on my home screen for me to update to 5.0.0.484 and when I try to it tells me to use the desktop manager but when i use the desktop manager it says there are no updates available

so how do I update it or get rid of the icon
    03-02-10 05:00 AM
302 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD