So I consider myself pretty tech savvy but after using the Blackberry Tour for a week, I've got a question that I'm sure some of you more experienced users can answer. Here is the scenario.

I have my Sprint Tour with BIS service. I have a POP3 Yahoo account configured to the device and all is working well. At the same time, I use Outlook on my PC to check the same email account and download mail. All emails push fine to the BB.

What I'm wondering about, is it possible to check my email from Outlook (I'm downloading the email using POP3) after BIS has sent the email to the phone and have the BIS service know the email is no longer in the account and subsequently mark it as read on the BB Tour?

I have an alert LED setup for new mail but would like to have it clear once an email has been read on the PC. As it is now, the red blinky continues even though I know all emails have been read/downloaded.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    07-23-09 05:15 PM
    I believe what you are asking cannot be done. You can read and delete the email on the BB, but deleting it or marking it open in outlook will not affect the Tour. You could try to hit the reconsile menu item in you messages but I don't think it will work
    07-23-09 05:42 PM
    POP3 is a one way connection. Meaning that it only downloads the emails and does not contact the server after that. You would have to set your email up to work using the IMAP protocol because that constantly "talks" with the server to show any changes.
    07-23-09 06:53 PM
    Hmmm, that's what I thought. I was thinking of something outside the POP3 protocol to where BIS, upon downloading and notifying my Tour, would recognize that the same email had been removed from the server and could automatically updated the email on the Tour to a "read" state (or delete if so configured). This would definitely be a Blackberry BIS feature though.

Oh well, I guess I'll live.... One more reason to get a home Exchange server setup! ;>
    07-23-09 07:03 PM
    sorry, cant be done.
    07-23-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD