Hopefully you guys can offer me some advice here. I searched the whole forum for answers to my question before I posted here so dont bash me please! After having so many problems with the Touch Pro, I ditched it and they finally, after many hours on the phone and store visits, offered me The Tour.

I received my Tour last night at the Sprint store near me.....no box, no sim card and no SD Card. I was out of commission for a few days and didnt even think about any of those things until I left.

After my phone was activated at the store, I was able to browse and it appeared fully functional. I got home, upgraded to the latest OS through BDM, and now my browser is locked and I cant even go to any page but this AIM download page that was the last page I went to before I updated. All my Browser options appear locked. I already re-registered through the Host Routing Table but that hasnt helped

So I have 2 questions for you guys, #1, should I have received a sim, SD card and case from Sprint even though it was an exchange for my TP?

and #2, what do I need to do to get my browser functions back. Should I reload a different OS or upgrade to 5.0?

Thanks in advance guys!

**wiping device now, will let you guys know what happens
    Last edited by reigndropz; 10-30-09 at 08:36 AM.
    10-30-09 08:23 AM
    You need to log into your providers BIS, and resend the service books. Any time you upgrade the OS, you need to do this. As for the box, you should have gotten one if you bought the device brand new from the store.
    10-30-09 08:59 AM
    Hopefully you guys can offer me some advice here. I searched the whole forum for answers to my question before I posted here so dont bash me please! After having so many problems with the Touch Pro, I ditched it and they finally, after many hours on the phone and store visits, offered me The Tour.

I received my Tour last night at the Sprint store near me.....no box, no sim card and no SD Card. I was out of commission for a few days and didnt even think about any of those things until I left.

After my phone was activated at the store, I was able to browse and it appeared fully functional. I got home, upgraded to the latest OS through BDM, and now my browser is locked and I cant even go to any page but this AIM download page that was the last page I went to before I updated. All my Browser options appear locked. I already re-registered through the Host Routing Table but that hasnt helped

So I have 2 questions for you guys, #1, should I have received a sim, SD card and case from Sprint even though it was an exchange for my TP?

and #2, what do I need to do to get my browser functions back. Should I reload a different OS or upgrade to 5.0?

Thanks in advance guys!

**wiping device now, will let you guys know what happens
    i dont know how the sprint fellaz do it, but for verizon yeah.. we get a sim card, 2gb sd card, and a leather pouch along with a usb charger/wall charger with different adapter for international outlets
    10-30-09 09:04 AM
    Thanks for the response. The device, I am assuming, was not brand new. I believe it was refurbished. Also, I just finished wiping the device and the browser is working fine now
    10-30-09 09:05 AM
    Thanks for the response. The device, I am assuming, was not brand new. I believe it was refurbished. Also, I just finished wiping the device and the browser is working fine now
    did you exchange it for an old tour or something? if you got a refurbished phone, they are assuming you owned a tour therefore you didnt need any of the stuff that would usually be included in a new one
    10-30-09 09:12 AM
    Sprint provides a 1gig card with their new Tours and probaby a sim card. You won't need the sim unless traveling outside of the US/Canada. They should probably also provide the darn charger even with a refurb for a different phone.
    10-30-09 10:40 AM
    Sprint comes with all the stuff that the VZW phone comes with, save the SD Card with is a 1GB.

Oh that and the high priced plans. :-)
    10-30-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD