Just wondering if anybody has seen and has run the updates. Also what were the results.

Out of the box and after installing the DM 5.0 and getting it all set up. It check for updates and there were several. All appeard to be versions already on the phone.

Again if you did the updates, did you see improvemnts or degrading of anything?
    07-17-09 10:15 AM
    only update I'm getting is for European Portugese language support and Blackberry ECMA Script Library
    07-17-09 10:35 AM
    only update I'm getting is for European Portugese language support and Blackberry ECMA Script Library
    Same here, but the wife got something for the OS. Interestng.
    07-17-09 10:39 AM
    I saw this as well when I plugged my phone in the first time, but it didn't actually seem to apply them like I have done with upgrades in the past on previous BB phones. Now I can't get those to appear again. *shrug*
    07-17-09 10:40 AM
    Same herer, but the wife got something for the OS. Interestng.
    I had that happen to me this morning when I had my old 8330 and my 9630 both plugged in at the same time. It showed up once again with a bunch of stuff to update regarding 4.7 this and that....couldn't reproduce it.
    07-17-09 10:41 AM
    Didn't see any updates on my phone.
    07-17-09 10:41 AM
    Didn't see any updates on my phone.
    Would be on the phone, would be though the DM on the computer when the device is hooked up. Not sure if this what you meant.
    07-17-09 10:44 AM
    I just got my Tour yesterday, after I installed DM 5.0 I plugged it in and it said there was a email settings update.
    07-17-09 10:47 AM
    Had a bunch of updates. Did them. Can not tell any difference.
    07-17-09 10:53 AM
    I posted about this yesterday.

When i originally set up DM 5 it asked to update, so i did. Nothing seemed to change. Then when i did the Device Switch nad it put all my stuff on the new Tour, i plugged it in later and DM 5 said it had updates for API's, PGP (i think) and Core Apps. I did it. I think when i did the device switch, maybe some old files were transferred as well.

No degredation at all. Same. Except when I did the device switch, my icons were all screwed up. The LINK icons for programs were all using the browser icon. I went to themes to see if it tried to load my 8330 themes, but it didnt, so i just clicked the current theme again, and when I went back to the home screen, it was fine! go figure.

Im not sure if it affected anything but my tour does take about 6 mins to restart with battery pull. The last two and a half mins there is a blue progress line at the bottom of the screen...not sure why.

If I have any problems, i think i might just reload 4.7 and start again without doing the switch....but for now, all is well other than the long boot time.
    07-17-09 10:55 AM
    what about mac users? i know DM is windows only. would the updates flow down thru pocketmac?
    07-17-09 10:56 AM
    what about mac users? i know DM is windows only. would the updates flow down thru pocketmac?
    Sorry, updates will not function though pocketmac
    07-17-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD