Long Time admirer, first time poster

Just received my new Tour from Sprint yesterday, got it activated and can make and receive phone calls and text messages.

However, I'm having the following issues and I couldn't find resolution either in the manual or by searching here. I've never had a BB before so this is a pretty steep learning curve for me.

1. There is no browser. When I scroll through all the different options, there is no browser tab like i see in the manual. Anyone know where it is? Do I have to download it?

2. I'm having issues connecting it to my home email account (POP3/Cox.net). When I go to the Set up Email tab, the only option it gives me is to connect to an enterprise server. The manual says there should be another option that allows me to connect to my email, but it doesn't show up.

Thanks in advance for the help
    07-21-09 09:07 AM
    1. you will need to resend the service books not sure how u do that on sprint call tech support.
    07-21-09 09:08 AM
    I had the same issue, I first went to options and updated my profile, then I installed the BB manager on my computer hooked up the phone and ran it throught the application process, and the phone worked fine. If you go to the sprint site and look under troubleshooting I followed what it said to do, and it fixed my issue.
    07-21-09 09:20 AM
    Great...thanks for the help
    07-21-09 09:29 AM
    You need to simply restart (do a battery pull) after you activate it. At least on Verizon after I activated the phone, it did not automatically restart. After the battery pull the browser, gps, etc should all appear.
    07-21-09 09:40 AM
    I believe what you need to do is call Sprint and make sure your service is correct. If there is no browser icon you are not set up for data. It is a quick call and a quick fix. Sometimes when you get new service or make changes this occurs.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 10:30 AM
    I know I've done the battery pull and I have the the data service (have it for my old phone and wife's Instinct.

But I'll give it a whirl again...never hurt to be sure
    07-21-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD