Hey all,

I am a pretty religious reader of the tour forums here and haven't noticed any issues similar to mine. I just wanted to see if this was normal or what, although I don't think it is...

If I tap my tour on the top, backside near the flash and camera lense, it sounds like something is loose. It is not really noticeable if i shake the phone, only if i make contact with that piece. However, the piece is not loose, and the noise seems internal.

In any event, I spoke with CS and they offered to send me a replacement since I was within the 30-day "worry free" period. I hope I wasn't complaining about the vibrate mechanism or something....

I was simply worried that if I let the problem go, it could develop into a more serious issue down the line at which time it may be harder to get it replaced free of charge.

Any others with similar issue? or input? New Tour should be here tomorrow, they gave me free overnight shipping as well!
    08-10-09 04:25 PM
    If something sounds loose in there, get it exchanged. You'll be mad at yourself if you keep it and it falls apart on you after the 30 days are up. That's my 2 cents.
    08-10-09 04:51 PM
    This exact same thing came up in the Storm forums a few months back... It was ultimately determined nothing was loose. Both my Storm and my Tour does it when you tap the phone as you described.
    08-10-09 04:58 PM
    I am excited to get this new one since it seems there are new builds floating around now. Mine didn't have any serious problems, and in comparison to other users on this site, was definitely keepable. however, it this one comes without any light leaking, tighter buttons, better batt life, and tighter batt cover, ill be a very happy camper.

tough to know what your missing unless you see the other side, no?
    08-10-09 04:59 PM
    The only thing I could think of was it was the mechanism that causes the vibrate. But I'm no phone technician.
    08-10-09 05:00 PM
    It would be really cool if somebody could give me some help here.. I accidentally cracked a beer that my buddy had dropped, exploded everywhere and a few drops got on my Tour. Everything works, call quality is fine, keypad isnt sticky or anything like that. However, my trackball does not function - I can navigate - but i can't actually select. Ive been using the enter button, but its getting kind of annoying. I would get the whole device replaced, but all my bbm contacts have had to change my PIN way too many times. I'd rather just try and fix it myself first.

Any suggestions? I already took the phone apart, completely, cleaned out everything, and put it back together. still does not work. does anybody know what to look at when the trackball doesnt actually select?

Thanks
    08-10-09 05:06 PM
    It would be really cool if somebody could give me some help here.. I accidentally cracked a beer that my buddy had dropped, exploded everywhere and a few drops got on my Tour. Everything works, call quality is fine, keypad isnt sticky or anything like that. However, my trackball does not function - I can navigate - but i can't actually select. Ive been using the enter button, but its getting kind of annoying. I would get the whole device replaced, but all my bbm contacts have had to change my PIN way too many times. I'd rather just try and fix it myself first.

Any suggestions? I already took the phone apart, completely, cleaned out everything, and put it back together. still does not work. does anybody know what to look at when the trackball doesnt actually select?

Thanks
    Same thing happened with a Pearl.. I called Telus and even if I had the phone for a yeat and a half, they gave me a brand new tour!
    08-10-09 05:55 PM
    Well the fact that you disassembled your tour voids any kind of warranty you had on it, I believe.
    08-10-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD