So I just purchased a used tour on ebay. Of course when I receive it I notice that it has every defect possible. I have the horizontal trackball issue, loose battery door, screen ripple, and the housing around the ear piece creeks. I am with sprint and was able to get the TEP inssurance, being that I have the TEP will sprint address these issues? Thanks in advance!

I really like the phone but with all the issues I was happier with my curve 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 12:42 PM
    TEP wouldn't be worth it anyways since there's a $100 deductible...
    12-01-09 12:48 PM
    I don't want to claim it as stolen or lost but instead them to fix or replace m phone

12-01-09 01:52 PM
    try recontacting the seller and let him/her know you are not satisfied. if you paid through paypal and they dont respond file a claim to get your money back. this is all void if the seller stated all of the problems in auction.
    12-01-09 01:54 PM
    Geeze sorry to hear about your problems. That's why I hate buying BBs on ebay. Did it once and had a nightmare of a time. I returned it to seller but had a hard time getting my money back, but I did. Contact the seller. Sprint didn't help me cause it was used but some do get lucky.
    Get that seller, they knew it was a Tour with issues.
    Good luck

12-01-09 02:17 PM
    The trackball issue will likely go away if you upgrade to OS5.0.230. Some are a hardware problem, but mostly its that the OS is busy doing something when you want to move the cursor.

The battery door issue was fixed by RIM by simply adding a pad on the inside of the battery door, so it touches the battery. You can do the same thing by building up a few layers of tape.
    12-01-09 07:47 PM
    try recontacting the seller and let him/her know you are not satisfied. if you paid through paypal and they dont respond file a claim to get your money back. this is all void if the seller stated all of the problems in auction.
    To add to that, you should also check the description of the ebay item, and do a double take. If it states that particular phone he was selling has the problem, well then you are SOL. Hopefully in the description it doesn't describe what your problems have. I'm sure with that as proof, eBay and Paypal will help you get your money back. Seriously on a side note, I personally avoid buying important things like cell phones from eBay. Its just not safer than buying it from the website or straight from the store, that way you can play with it before you purchase it and make sure it works before you leave the store. Sure you may save money, but is it worth taking that risk?
    12-01-09 08:21 PM
    I love my Tour! I did have an issue after this past weekend. I got a message that said there was a software update, I took it and all was fine until Saturday when I got a message saying there was an update for BB Messenger, I grabbed it and my BB took a crap. My entire OS was wiped out. I just got my new one today and I'm getting the same message on the download but my Verizon Phone Tech Rep said don't take it and don't take any updates that I don't go for.
    12-01-09 08:33 PM
    It's pretty safe buying from reputable sellers, assuming you know how to spot them.

Not to mention you have no warranty buying from others anyways, so fixing it yourself is usually fairly easy.

I doubt the horizontal trackball issue is even a bad Tour, even the "good" Tours end up with scrolling issues eventually... Someone already told you how to fix the battery door, which is extremely easy.
    Last edited by papped; 12-01-09 at 08:56 PM.
    12-01-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD