When you download apps OTA on the Tour how come it does not ask you if you want to install the app on the phone or SD card? Anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks
    09-29-09 11:45 AM
    RIM doesn't allow you to install apps on the SDcard, is only for media... You can archive them into the SDcard from BB appworld but you can't run them from the SDcard.. It has to be installed in the phone
    09-29-09 11:48 AM
    I've not ever seen that option offered...it's always been my understanding apps are installed on the device & that the memory card is solely for storing media.
    09-29-09 11:50 AM
    I think it would be like putting software on an external hard drive and running it from there. It would not be practical and the lagging time would be tremendous.
    09-29-09 02:03 PM
    That sucks only 256mb memory on this device. that = hardly any room for apps. wtf. thats not even 1 gig on internal memory. damn they need to fix the memory issue if they are trying to premote the app store.
    09-29-09 03:57 PM
    I think it would be like putting software on an external hard drive and running it from there. It would not be practical and the lagging time would be tremendous.
    Eh, not really. It's available on a bunch of other phones. Windows Mobile allows this and I have never experienced sluggishness of running the apps off of the sd card. I do wish this would be available with the official 5.0, but I doubt it will be.
    09-29-09 04:03 PM
    With apps ranging from 200 - 800 Kb, you can store more apps than you'll know what to do with.
    09-29-09 04:03 PM
    That sucks only 256mb memory on this device. that = hardly any room for apps. wtf. thats not even 1 gig on internal memory. damn they need to fix the memory issue if they are trying to premote the app store.
    There's no memory issue on the tour. If you look at the size of bb apps, you'll find most are measured in kilobytes. An app > 1.5mb is considered big. So load up on all the apps you want. Like mentioned above, memory card for media, internal memory for apps.

If you want every possible mb of internal memory, then use lyricidal's shrink-an-os when loading an os.
    09-29-09 04:19 PM
    There's no memory issue on the tour. If you look at the size of bb apps, you'll find most are measured in kilobytes. An app > 1.5mb is considered big. So load up on all the apps you want. Like mentioned above, memory card for media, internal memory for apps.

If you want every possible mb of internal memory, then use lyricidal's shrink-an-os when loading an os.
    lyricidal's shrink-an-os when loading an os
    sorry do not know.

Sorry its small to me coming from a touch pro phone on wm. like you said programs running on the sd card is not sluggish at all!
    09-29-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD