Has any one gone from the nextel 8350 i to the tour and and miss the nextel 8350 i. i went and changed over to the tour due to only 1 person left on dirrrect connect that i talk to. I am really missing the feel of the solid 8350 i. it just felt right in my hand and felt more durable.Has anyone else missed it and gone back to the 8350 i? dont know if i should give it more time or not. Also the battery life on the tour seems less then the 8350 i. is that right ? help ?
    Last edited by wild woody; 10-22-09 at 05:45 PM.
    10-22-09 05:42 PM
    Has any one gone from the nextel 8350 i to the tour and and miss the nextel 8350 i. i went and changed over to the tour due to only 1 person left on dirrrect connect that i talk to. I am really missing the feel of the solid 8350 i. it just felt right in my hand and felt more durable.Has anyone else missed it and gone back to the 8350 i? dont know if i should give it more time or not. Also the battery life on the tour seems less then the 8350 i. is that right ? help ?
    Go get a rubber Verizon battery door. Makes all the difference. It will feel much more sturdy and will be easier to grip.

Nextel is sort of a dying breed. That phone you had is going to feel real clunky and old by comparison after about a week. Yesterday I used a guy's Curve for a minute, and it really felt like an old and outdated phone. It was also hard to see the screen. Real grainy and VGA looking by comparison.

My battery isn't much different than my Curve was. Any difference would likely be due to the faster processor and nicer screen.
    10-22-09 05:49 PM
    where and how much can i get it and do you have a pic ?does verizon sell it for thier storm and it will fit my tour ?
    Last edited by wild woody; 10-22-09 at 06:03 PM.
    10-22-09 05:58 PM
    Yes... Definately give it some time. You will love it im sure.
    Pretty soon , your 8350 will feel like a dinosaur =)

As for battery, seems to get better with time.
    Turn off gps and bluetooth when not in use
    Turn backlight down to 20
    Make sure it is set to 1XEV and not global
    And use standby or an autostanby app
    These all help with battery life
    Last edited by GG1; 10-22-09 at 06:05 PM.
    10-22-09 06:03 PM
    Nextel is crappy
    10-22-09 06:04 PM
    where and how much can i get it and do you have a pic ?does verizon sell it for thier storm and it will fit my tour ?
    No. Verizon Tours came with a different battery door than Sprint ones. It isn't the Storm door. That won't fit. It is the Verizon Tour. You can try buying one on ebay, or you may even be able to walk in to a Verizon store and ask if they have an extra one lying around from a phone that someone returned.

10-22-09 06:12 PM
    You can check out cnn.cn for the battery door, thats where i got mine.
    there are other places too, maybe someone else can suggest.
    10-22-09 06:15 PM
    The battery doesent last as long as the 8350 but a cuple reasons contribute to that such as 3g and a cuple other features.
    10-22-09 07:30 PM
    on the cnn website it says (rubbery shining door) is that it ? for 16.99
    10-22-09 07:58 PM
    on the cnn website it says (rubbery shining door) is that it ? for 16.99
    Yes thats it...... Same as verizon and fits even tighter than original (on mine anyway)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 08:39 PM
    Can you do me a favor and go to ebay and check # 260495189926 and see if thats the real one or a copy and not the oem from verizon ?it looks like it but cant tell if its a after amrket copy or not.good price if it is.
    10-22-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD