amazonwireless.com is in its beta phase so there are a few bugs still.

I discovered the tour for 49.99 for new customers or new lines of service, but also saw its only $74.97 for an upgrade on any line, even a family share plan.

This intrigued me. I called to verify and they said the pricing is correct...

HOWEVER,

you must be within 2 months of your contract end date, or out of contract to get that pricing...

AND

for six months you cannot make any changes to your account even if its to the primary line and you had upgraded a share line. You can increase your minute package, but you cant make any decreases or your card will be charged $250...

Not a bad idea...

BUT

Who knows if the tour you get is going to be the better build quality? Or if its going to be one of the phones from the first batch...

RIM should have issued a nationwide recall on this device so in the event a bad one is purchased, you can just exchange it through them for the new one....

EDIT:
    Not to complain so much, but this is somewhat better than the letstalk deal through walmart.com ...with that site its only for primary lines if you decide to upgrade and at least amazon lets you upgrade secondary lines...
    09-15-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD