Hello, first time Tour owner 2nd time Blackberry user. I came from the Curve 8330. I never thought I would use a phone as much as I do today and its all because of the BB and this great website.
    I traded my voyager for the Curve this last spring and then yesterday received my Tour.
    It is without a doubt a huge improvement over the Curve.
    I spent a few hours setting up the new phone last night and I got things switched around pretty much how I want it but I do have a few questions.
    I use apps like berrybuzz, poynt, bbscanner, msn messenger, quickpull pro, pandora, slacker, google maps, and facebook. I have all of these on my homes screen.
    On the tour however it comes with my verizon, applications and dowload folder.
    Can I delete the application center without any issues? Should I? Will it save any room?
    What about my Verizon?
    I have deleted the games, bb maps, and other things I dont use just dont want to delete something that is vital.
    Can I put the setup, applications, and downloads folder in some other place to clean up my screen at all?
    I am looking for ways to streamline but not lose or hide what I have. Make sense or is that all confusing as heck?
    I read this site daily and search like its a hot button. Even with all the negative track ball reviews I figured it was well worth it and btw mine came with the newest update of .61 on it but none of this green dot sticker.
    Thank you for anyones help.
    11-19-09 09:01 PM
    Welcome! And yes, even with the bad reviews the tour is well worth it. In regards to putting the unused apps somewhere out of site, with the tour u have the ability to make a folder and name it whatever u like and u can move anything u want into it. With the tour u also have plenty of memory, especially in comparison to the curve, so u prob don't need to worry about getting rid of too many things, believe me, u have enough memory to dowload all sorts of apps. Give it a few days and u will see just how much better the tour is over the curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 09:06 PM
    Hey thanks for the Tip about the Folders. I have to admit I am one of those blackberry users that got the phone for the Camera quality, keyboard and email. That's about it. I don't know the phones full potential and would like to. I have no clue to the phones true potential, though I do know using it as an actual PHONE isn't working to well. Won't hold a call for the life of me. But everything else works!
    11-19-09 09:17 PM
    You can delete the application center without worrying that it'll mess your phone up I did on mine, as for my verizon that should just be an icon until you click on it and download, either way you don't need my verizon on there if you don't want it.
    11-19-09 09:28 PM
    Ok I will delete application center. Any idea on how much if any memory that will free up? Not that memory on this phone is an issue at all like the curve.
    I also dont listen to either pandora or slacker that much and thinking of deleting pandora.
    11-19-09 09:41 PM
    Ok I will delete application center. Any idea on how much if any memory that will free up? Not that memory on this phone is an issue at all like the curve.
    I also dont listen to either pandora or slacker that much and thinking of deleting pandora.
    App center is only 79 kb so not much, if you use pandora every once and awhile I would say just keep it as you don't have to worry much about low memory.
    11-19-09 09:57 PM
    Many of the apps that are preinstalled on your phone will be pushed back to your phone by your carrier. There is no way to stop it. The good news is that they are just launchers and are not really installed until you download the app. So they take up no memory. Just put them in the folder and hide them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 10:00 PM
    How long does your battery last on each of your phones? I am lucky to get 8 hours. I don't use the internet because it sucks, can't make phone calls because it drops them, so aside from Texting, and BBM through out the day that is it. Any hints tips, or just return it again for the 4th time?
    11-20-09 10:05 PM
    How long does your battery last on each of your phones? I am lucky to get 8 hours. I don't use the internet because it sucks, can't make phone calls because it drops them, so aside from Texting, and BBM through out the day that is it. Any hints tips, or just return it again for the 4th time?
    The Phone part of the Tour has been the best phone part of any smartphone I've ever owned. And my internet is just fine, maybe try downloading Opera for your BB to speed things up. If you keep dropping calls and it isn't service related, bring it in and get another one, that's not a normal thing with these devices.

Unless your post was sarcastic which was a weird sense of sarcasm.
    11-20-09 10:16 PM
    The Phone part of the Tour has been the best phone part of any smartphone I've ever owned. And my internet is just fine, maybe try downloading Opera for your BB to speed things up. If you keep dropping calls and it isn't service related, bring it in and get another one, that's not a normal thing with these devices.

Unless your post was sarcastic which was a weird sense of sarcasm.
    Noooo far from being sarcastic. I really can't use the phone part of it. Every other phone, Lotus, touch Pro, Mogul and Samsung Moment work perfect. This is the 3rd Tour and to be honest I haven't had the energy to go back in to Sprint deal with the Reps and get another. I know it's sad but i've just been dealing with it. I had to call 911 the other day and it dropped again. I mean it's pretty bad when I have to use another phone to make a phone call.
    11-20-09 10:25 PM
    Noooo far from being sarcastic. I really can't use the phone part of it. Every other phone, Lotus, touch Pro, Mogul and Samsung Moment work perfect. This is the 3rd Tour and to be honest I haven't had the energy to go back in to Sprint deal with the Reps and get another. I know it's sad but i've just been dealing with it. I had to call 911 the other day and it dropped again. I mean it's pretty bad when I have to use another phone to make a phone call.
    Sorry to hear that. It seems like everyone has been unlucky with their tours cause I havent had one problem.
    11-20-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD