So I had trackball problems with my tour from day one. not terrible but enough to **** me off. batt. door was lose but not bad, and it creaked alot. Usually I can't stand the brick and mortar stores, but stopped this weekend. Told the tech what was up and he said he would just swap me for a new Tour. If you are iffy on your tour, try a new one. Night and day. everything is tight and it has zero lag.
    08-24-09 10:20 AM
    It's all mental.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 11:49 AM
    yes, it can be all mental - but I traded in mine once and saw significant improvement as well...
    08-24-09 11:57 AM
    It's all mental.

I would agree if I hadn't had both side by side to compare them. But thanks for your input, it really was a useful contribution to the site.
    08-24-09 12:54 PM
    It's all mental.

I would beg to differ. I had the same experience with my Tour. I hate to complain and I am hardly anal... but after about 3 weeks with my first tour, the trackball stopped going to the right. Completely. Feathering would cause it to go to the right in a jerkey motion at best, and actually go left at worst. I brought it to a B&M just like the original poster did and the tech was amazed at how it was acting. We both compared the new Tour they gave me to my old and the differences were night and day.

But I guess that could just be mental as well................
    08-24-09 01:52 PM
    Agreed, I had mine since the 13th of August. I have been noticing the horizontal slowly becoming unresponsive. Thus I promptly exchanged this and noticed a noticeable difference between the two.

Crossing my fingers this is the last swap.

Previous phone:
    Canada 1 - 7/13/09

Present phone:
    Mexico 5 - 7/29/09
    08-24-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD