I just switched from the Storm to the tour. I really really liked how the new update for the storm put all text messages from the same contact into one feed and how you could send a text by pressing the enter button. Does anyone know if there is an update for this type of texting with the tour. Basically a Blackberry messenger type thing for the actually texting on the phone. The storm had it so im hoping the tour will too.

thanks for your replies
    -blake
    11-21-09 03:11 PM
    I think you are talking about the threaded text messages. I believe the only way to get that is update to the leaked 5.0, or download a 3rd party app. Personally, I have 5.0 and I haven't had any of the issues others have reported.
    11-21-09 03:13 PM
    I believe you are talking about threaded SMS. This can be done, but you will need to upgrade to the tour to 5.0 OS. There are leaked versions runing around for this. Keep in mind read everything you can bout upgraded non-released version of OS's on devices first, if you attempt this.

Oh yes back up your device first
    11-21-09 03:14 PM
    The current update for the Tour OS does not have that feature. I know some people updated their Tours with the leaked OS 5.0 version. Maybe this has that feature? Maybe they can help you because I don't have 5.0
    11-21-09 03:15 PM
    I just did a a quick search in blackberry app world, and there are 3rd party apps there that could possibly do what you want, if you're not comfortable updating to the leaked OS. Just search for "threaded SMS".
    11-21-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD