I bought the Tour yesterday and I can't seem to find the correct setting for volume control on calls, email, texts. I set each to silent in the SET Ringtones/Alerts under the volume icon except for phone. But when I change the actual volume for the Blackberry to Loud... everything I've set to silent starts to ring. Seems like the main volume setting overrides the other settings within... there has to be a way to only hear phone calls on Loud and keep the other apps silent?

Any suggestions???

Thank you!!!
    08-17-09 04:25 PM
    I bought the Tour yesterday and I can't seem to find the correct setting for volume control on calls, email, texts. I set each to silent in the SET Ringtones/Alerts under the volume icon except for phone. But when I change the actual volume for the Blackberry to Loud... everything I've set to silent starts to ring. Seems like the main volume setting overrides the other settings within... there has to be a way to only hear phone calls on Loud and keep the other apps silent?

Any suggestions???

Thank you!!!
    Volume control is set under options from your call screen. The profile section is only for your ringtone and other alert settings. That being said, when you make changes to those items (such as setting your email to only vibrate, sms for bell alert at volume 6 or whatever....) those changes only happen when you use the "normal" profile. If you use any of the other ones listed like "Vibrate" or "loud" you cannot change its settings since they are really just custom profiles. You can also do a custom setup if you scroll all the way down and you would basically be setting up your own version of things.

What you want to do is use "Normal" profile and then set up everything for how you like it. Again....anything specific you change such as ringtone volumes, vibrations etc is only for the "normal" profile.
    08-17-09 04:33 PM
    Thank you so much!! I was going crazy trying to figure it out today. My co-worker has the Curve and you can change the settings on that model.

I don't have the manual and the disk Verizon gave me for the user tools is defective. I have to find the manual online. I'm so use to having a manual!

Thanks again!
    08-17-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD