Well, I probably shouldn't have done this, but I upgraded to the latest Tour OS as soon as Verizon pushed it to me. This was within the past few weeks. Mail is messed up -- I can't delete any messages. In the past few days things have gotten worse. Today, I get notified that there's new mail, but I can't access it unless I do a battery pull and reboot.

There's also a message in my inbox to upgrade to BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.35. When I click on it, my BlackBerry freezes and I have to do another battery pull.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
    07-03-10 08:41 PM
    Well, I probably shouldn't have done this, but I upgraded to the latest Tour OS as soon as Verizon pushed it to me. This was within the past few weeks. Mail is messed up -- I can't delete any messages. In the past few days things have gotten worse. Today, I get notified that there's new mail, but I can't access it unless I do a battery pull and reboot.

There's also a message in my inbox to upgrade to BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.35. When I click on it, my BlackBerry freezes and I have to do another battery pull.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
    Bring the phone back to the store or call verizon to get a replacement. Your still under warranty right?
    07-03-10 08:49 PM
    Just call *611 and tell them your having trackball problems like it won't go left or right and OS issues and they will send you out a Bold 9650
    07-03-10 09:31 PM
    Just call *611 and tell them your having trackball problems like it won't go left or right and OS issues and they will send you out a Bold 9650
    Uh they have refurb Tours for one and two that's fraud. His trackball is probably fine. OP: Have you tried service books?
    07-04-10 12:04 AM
    Can't I just install the previous OS? Where could I find it? Doesn't seem to be on the BlackBerry site anywhere. I also use a Mac, so I would have to do it over the air.
    07-04-10 08:47 AM
    First, what version of the OS do you have? Options/About will display it.

Next, probably do not upgrade AppWorld - in quite a number of cases, the upgrade removes the icon and there is NO way to recover it short of wiping the phone and reinstalling an OS (which you might be doing anyway).

You might have trouble on the MAC but you need to find a copy of the older OS and see if Desktop manager will downgrade. There are probably some archives somewhere of the older OS. Or someone might be able to email it to you. You do not have the older OS? For future reference, I always attempt to find the original or older OS's and store them on my computer if possible even if I may never use it/them.

Sometimes, an older OS is mentioned in the Hybrids subforum so you could look there.
    07-04-10 10:57 AM
    I have OS 5.0.0.732. Any idea what one I should look for in terms of downgrading?
    07-04-10 11:45 AM
    I, frankly, stopped at a version 5.xxxxx.411 and it is a hybrid. But two weeks ago I had my Tour replaced by the Bold so have not considered the newest versions from Verizon (or sprint).

Some folks really liked what I think was 5.xxxx.419 as pretty stable. I thought this newest one did fix some issues. Might it be apps you installed? Does it merely need some tweaking?

You might want to backup your data and/or apps using Desktop Manager and/or BBSAK and try reloading the operating system. Might you have a bollixed up email database? You could try cleaning it completely?
    07-04-10 12:27 PM
    Looks like I can't even consider downgrading my OS unless I have access to a Windows-based machine, which I don't:

Verizon Tour Users: Revert to old OS here. - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I do very little with apps -- have installed nothing even remotely exotic. As best as I can tell, this started happening with my last OS upgrade and has been getting worse. Since it falls into the category of a known issue, I think I'll pay a visit to Verizon and see what whining accomplishes.
    07-04-10 01:41 PM
    Before driving to the store call customer care on a landline the tech can help you troubleshoot over the phone. If they can't get it resolved for you, they will send you out another phone. The stores don't have replacments, it has to come from customer care. So be wise, call first and save yourself a trip.
    07-04-10 03:21 PM
    I have OS 5.0.0.732 on my Tour - Its is fast and stable - No issues at all
    07-04-10 04:44 PM
    @Jude526: Good advice, except Verizon's two blocks from my house!

@reddoorway: Hmmmm ... in that case, maybe someone at Verizon will actually know how to get things working right again.
    07-04-10 05:38 PM
    Connect to your mac DM and go to applications. If its there you can downgrade. If not yes you're going to need a windows machine, or virtual machine. You can upgrade/downgrade via mac DM if the OS is available from your carrier. It just can't do it using the EXE that is commonly used.
    07-04-10 07:40 PM
    ...Looks like I can't even consider downgrading my OS unless I have access to a Windows-based machine, which I don't:
    I'm on a MAC as well. Had the same issue as you, plus some. If you run a MAC you're behind the eight-ball as far as BlackBerry is concerned. Check into Boot Camp and installing Windows XP on your MAC. I did that for the express purpose of getting around the kind of issues you're facing now. Whenever I need to tweak my Bold, I just boot my MAC in Windows and take care of business. Check it out!
    07-04-10 10:22 PM
    Well, well, well. Turns out that when I updated the BB desktop manager for Macs, I was allowed to downgrade, despite what BlackBerry claims. Just finished downgrading to 5.0.0.591. So far, so good, though I've got my fingers crossed: right at the end of the process, I got a message saying some database refused to update, and that the entire downgrade had failed. But it seems fine.

Any day I can avoid going to the Verizon store is a good day.
    07-05-10 11:37 AM
    I've had issues with the latest update as well. All aspects of the phone work except for one. I can send email, but I cannot receive any. VZW tells me my inbox is too full. Last month I pared down from 9100 emails to under 2200, and the device received then new emails just fine. Now after an o/s update it cannot receive. VZW tier 1 support was supposed to call back after a lengthy exchange with them. The promised 10 minutes has stretched to nearly an hour. I will try them again tomorrow. Grrr...
    07-05-10 12:53 PM
    Interesting Post- My wife has a Tour- came with 5x.662- Got "pushed into .732- which I loaded using BBSAK after wiping and shrunk it too- and from that point couldn't get anything loaded on her browser- just a white screen after the messages showed that everything had been "loaded" i.e., the graphics- Used BBSAK to wipe and reload twice- still no solution- Finally a Supervisor at Tech Support said it isn't compatible with the Tour at all and to Down grade- which we did-.662 and everything is fine-

They are shipping her a replacement unit and they swear it's a Tour- Yet I suspect it's a Bold since the forums have been replete with stories that that is all they are sending now as replacements-

BTW- 5x.732 is still down loadable form the Verizon site- So I haven't a clue what's true
    07-05-10 01:04 PM
    Interesting Post- My wife has a Tour- came with 5x.662- Got "pushed into .732- which I loaded using BBSAK after wiping and shrunk it too- and from that point couldn't get anything loaded on her browser- just a white screen after the messages showed that everything had been "loaded" i.e., the graphics- Used BBSAK to wipe and reload twice- still no solution- Finally a Supervisor at Tech Support said it isn't compatible with the Tour at all and to Down grade- which we did-.662 and everything is fine-

They are shipping her a replacement unit and they swear it's a Tour- Yet I suspect it's a Bold since the forums have been replete with stories that that is all they are sending now as replacements-

BTW- 5x.732 is still down loadable form the Verizon site- So I haven't a clue what's true
    I think they have a lot of refurbed tours now so I wouldn't count on getting a bold.
    07-05-10 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD