anyone get a bing icon on their home screen?
    just looked at my home screen and a bing icon which ive never seen before was there....wonder if this has something to do with bing being the only search provider issue they had earlier....ms trying to replace google? think its a little to late for that imho...google practically replaced the word "web search" in my vocab
    12-18-09 11:49 AM
    All I did was create a new folder and called it Verizon Crap...and put all the crappy verizon pushed apps into that folder and then hid it....
    12-18-09 11:51 AM
    ya exactly wat i do also...jus was wondering if anyone else was getting it...haven't seen any news about this. guess its part of the verizon guarantee that "they'll always be with us whether we like it or not"
    12-18-09 11:58 AM
    I haven't had it show up on my phone yet. When did it happen for you guys? After syncing or updating? Or did it just show up?
    12-18-09 12:14 PM
    I haven't had it show up on my phone yet. When did it happen for you guys? After syncing or updating? Or did it just show up?
    after you go to host routing table and register now it pops up.
    12-18-09 12:37 PM
    Came up on my screen after i downloaded the new bbm! so strange!!! I downloaded it thinking that once I delete it will go away, nope icon still stays there, so annoying
    12-18-09 01:09 PM
    Mine either
    12-18-09 01:21 PM
    It is pushed by vz. It can't be deleted. Its just a launcher icon and takes up no memory unless you install it. As another poster suggested, if you don't want to use it out it in a folder and hide it.

Vz should do a better job to let people know what it is though. It is not a search engine. Its to find local eateries and theaters and such.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 01:27 PM
    funny just noticed it myself! and i just updated bbm !
    12-18-09 01:29 PM
    this is probably another good reason to keep my alltel plan. No pushed crap!
    12-18-09 01:48 PM
    It just showed up on me. I didn't install anything today. This is kinda scay that they can add to your phone without you even knowing.

12-18-09 01:49 PM
    its actually a cool program. my buddy has been using it on his storm2 for a while now and loves it!
    12-18-09 02:41 PM
    Bing is being pushed to a VZW tours Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    Last edited by oldTimePens; 12-18-09 at 03:26 PM.
    12-18-09 03:18 PM
    its actually a cool program. my buddy has been using it on his storm2 for a while now and loves it!
    I agree. People start griping about it before they even know what it is. And yes I get the whole "they shouldn't push things to my phone without asking" but it seems like people should at least figure out what it does before the comlaints start.

12-18-09 03:51 PM
    after you go to host routing table and register now it pops up.
    D@mn right it does, I hate when they push apps...
    12-18-09 04:20 PM
    D@mn right it does, I hate when they push apps...
    lol i just hid mine i already forgot it was there...
    12-18-09 05:40 PM
    Yeah I had that pop up on mine as well. Thought that was kinda weird since I never use Bing. Google also replaced "web search" in my vocabulary as well lol. I'll had that one as well. Lol.
    12-18-09 11:10 PM
    lol i just hid mine i already forgot it was there...
    I do the same, that's not my point though. If I want something, I'll download it...
    12-18-09 11:12 PM
    I haven't seen it yet? But I'm hearing that they are taking Google out of the browser go to search and only allowing Bing? That's crap!

12-18-09 11:28 PM
    Give it a shot!

I didnt like it pushed at first, but i tried it out finally... Pretty cool

say "weather (zip code) it brings up weather. Voice activated search, and local searches as well
    12-18-09 11:32 PM
    All I did was create a new folder and called it Verizon Crap...and put all the crappy verizon pushed apps into that folder and then hid it....
    lol. This couldn't be more right.
    12-18-09 11:52 PM
    I haven't seen it yet? But I'm hearing that they are taking Google out of the browser go to search and only allowing Bing? That's crap!

I heard this too, and I'm happy to report that my default search engine in my browser is still Google.

My "Verizon Crap" folder is labeled "Un-Used Apps" and it was formerly "US Cellular Crap".

12-19-09 12:12 AM
    I did a battery pull last night and it popped up right after that.
    12-19-09 09:27 AM
    Nothing here, yet. I have also rebooted.
    12-19-09 09:58 AM
    Nothing here...Of all you guys who had it pop up, are any of you running a leaked OS? I'm running 5.0.0.230 and haven't gotten anything.

12-19-09 10:19 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD