Recently purchased a Blackberry Tour through the Sprint website, and this thing is excellent. As a recently converted-to-Mac user, still waiting out for a fully-functional Mac interface for the Blackberry that I don't have to pay for - supposedly on the ground circa September.

Bought the Tour for my upcoming return-to-Iraq tour - It'll be nice to be able to use the GSM international features of this phone to talk to my wife back in the States. Former devices included Palm Centro, PPC 6700, Handspring Treo 600, and the vaunted but little-known Handspring Visor with Digital Link (original PDA phone hybrid). My wife carries on the Palm tradition with her entertaining Palm Pre.

As a former Handspring/Palm die-hard - Greetings, salutations, and well-met!
    08-07-09 01:33 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    08-07-09 01:36 PM
    Welcome to the crackberry nation and thank you for fighting for us so we can be free!
    08-07-09 01:36 PM
    Thank you Sir, and to your family for your sacrifice. God speed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 01:40 PM
    Welcome. The BlackBerry Tour is a Beast! I am sure it will give years of great service.

08-07-09 01:42 PM
    Thank you for your service to this great nation.

Welcome to the CB nation from an 11 year veteran and former palm loyalists myself.

08-07-09 02:01 PM
    Welcome! And thank you for your service.

08-07-09 02:46 PM
    Welcome to CB! Check with Sprint regarding getting an unlock code then you can use a prepaid SIM overthere!

08-07-09 02:55 PM
    God bless you and stay safe.

08-07-09 03:12 PM
    Thank you man, I am sure everyone here at CB is proud of you...just a quick ? I didn't know you could take personal phones???
    08-07-09 04:14 PM
    Welcome to CB
    08-07-09 04:19 PM
    Good luck on your tour!
    08-07-09 04:21 PM
    Thank you man, I am sure everyone here at CB is proud of you...just a quick ? I didn't know you could take personal phones???
    Sure you can - can actually purchase phones on the local market there. There are black-outs, during which you must shut down your cell phone. Enforcing that can be problematic.
    08-07-09 04:55 PM
    Welcome to CB! Check with Sprint regarding getting an unlock code then you can use a prepaid SIM overthere!

Roger. Looked into that - will enable international roaming IAW my wife's wishes. If that doesn't work, then I'll purchase the unlock code and procure a local SIM card.
    08-07-09 04:56 PM
    Sure you can - can actually purchase phones on the local market there. There are black-outs, during which you must shut down your cell phone. Enforcing that can be problematic.
    Thanks for the info.

That clears up another question that I actually had...KUDOS
    08-07-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD