Well not quite. I just ordered the Blackberry Tour from Sprint.com to replace my EVO since my EVO's battery sucks, and hopefully this will lower my bill. But I am happy to be part of #TeamBlackberry now

I will be posting a lot of questions on the forums once my phone gets here
    01-30-11 03:05 PM
    Welcome to our world. If you have any issues/questions the guys here are very helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 03:11 PM
    If price isn't a key decision point, I strongly recommend you return the 9630 and get the 9650. The 9650 has 2x the memory, wifi, and a trackpad instead of a trackball. The 9650 can also run OS6. The 9630, which is end of life, cannot. I just replaced a Verizon 9630 with a 9650. The improvement is remarkable.
    01-30-11 03:16 PM
    Price actually was the biggest decision point. But as far as Wi-Fi goes I mostly use 3G on my EVO at this point so Ill probably do the same with my BB.
    01-30-11 03:39 PM
    I haven't found wifi to be a critical app either. The extra memory to run OS 6 is the biggest advantage. Developers won't stop writing apps that run on the Tour anytime soon, and everything that runs on the Tour now will continue to run, but eventually there may be an OS 6 app, or a capability of OS 6 itself, that you want and can't get with the Tour. I haven't upgraded to OS 6 on my Bold yet. I've only had it a week.
    01-30-11 05:27 PM
    I agree with Jeff I would return the Tour and get the Bold 9650. It has more memory, trackpad and WiFi. Plus, it runs BB6 very well. This is a great device IMO.
    01-30-11 05:39 PM
    ... Plus, you have the option to use SIM outside US without having to get a separate phone....
    Not a discriminator: the 9630 is a World Phone also.
    01-30-11 06:35 PM
    I haven't found wifi to be a critical app either. The extra memory to run OS 6 is the biggest advantage. Developers won't stop writing apps that run on the Tour anytime soon, and everything that runs on the Tour now will continue to run, but eventually there may be an OS 6 app, or a capability of OS 6 itself, that you want and can't get with the Tour. I haven't upgraded to OS 6 on my Bold yet. I've only had it a week.
    I've had mine since OCTOBER, and haven't installed OS 6 yet either. Now that VZW has officially (supportably) made it available, I've been reading the comments from fellow forum members, and figure that some of the little glitches would probably annoy me enough to warrant going back to .975 if I did upgrade. Don't have the time for the install/revert routine for the next few days, so maybe I'll experiment next weekend!

To the OP - if the Bold wasn't in the budget right now, I hope you'll enjoy the Tour. I still have an "original launch" (summer 2009) Tour as my business phone, and it does everything I need it to do. Its history is on the ""original launch" thread in this forum.
    01-30-11 09:32 PM
    Welcome to the team. I also ditched an EVO for BB. The Tour 9630 then the Bold 9650. I understand the Tour is much cheaper and if its what is in the budget it is still a great device. It will get the job done with no worries The important thing is that youve come to the light!
    01-30-11 09:47 PM
    Welcome to CB! Post up if you have any questions. There's lots of great people here who can help you. Enjoy your Tour.
    01-30-11 11:55 PM
    Just ordered my BB Tour 9630 yesterday so should be receiving it shortly. Glad to be back on Team BB, I missed true push email and a real keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 10:07 AM
    I think the thing I will miss most from my EVO is the huge HD Camera! Even though I barely used it Lol.
    01-31-11 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD