Hi everyone, I just bought my first Blackberry (Tour for VZW) and am loving it so far. I had a few questions about email on my BB (this is also the first phone I've had with a data plan).

I have my Gmail set up on the phone, as well as the Gmail app. I use the builtin email function much more though. When I check my email on a computer, the emails I've read stay "unread" on my phone; the message indicator icon stays there. Is there a setting or way I can have it recognize when I've opened an email from a computer?

Also, what does it mean to reconcile email?

Thanks a lot for any help, apologies for noob questions
    09-14-09 06:27 PM
    I can just search for the reconcile part, but I didn't know what to search for for the first question. Sorry for stuffing up the board
    09-14-09 06:28 PM
    Yeah POP email doesn't work that way, there isn't a connection between your phones email and your computers. Think of your email as a gallon of milk at the grocery store. Your phone grabs a gallon and now its on your phone. Then the computer goes to the "google" store grabs the same kind of milk and now it has your email. Only thing with POP is that your computer doesn't know your phone stopped and picked up the same thing. Goes with reading mail too they work independent of eachother. If you had a BES it would.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 08:20 PM
    ...I have my Gmail set up on the phone, as well as the Gmail app. I use the builtin email function much more though. When I check my email on a computer, the emails I've read stay "unread" on my phone; the message indicator icon stays there. Is there a setting or way I can have it recognize when I've opened an email from a computer?

Also, what does it mean to reconcile email?
    Check out this forum and see if it helps clear-up anything:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/gm...iation-297675/
    09-14-09 08:31 PM
    Your second question is the answer to your first question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD