Hey everyone i just got a sprint blackberry tour. Its a great phone, just a few things thats not right. The trackball which alot of people compain but i adjusted the sensitivity and it got better. The battery life is not what i expected. Also there are some pics that wont delete. Can someone explain to me what is the difference between SMS ans MMS. Also is there a feature where i can see if the recever got the text and can i see if they are writing back. If that is possible how do i do that.
    Last edited by lemrej3000; 09-05-09 at 11:14 AM.
    09-05-09 11:12 AM
    Probably the standard OEM pics. You'll have to go in and remove them with a program if you absolutely don't want em.

SMS + MMS: SMS = standard text messages basically. MMS are your media messages. You use MMS to send audio / video / picture messages. I use it to send messages post 160 characters also as MMS doesn't set a character limit.

BBM will do what your asking about the messaging and seeing when someone is writing back. Possibly the threaded SMS that is coming in OS 5.0. There are apps now that allow you to do threaded SMS, but I don't believe they show if someone is "writing back.". I'll let someone else weigh in on that one that have used them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by revolutionary_3; 09-05-09 at 11:22 AM.
    09-05-09 11:18 AM
    Congrats on your first BB...

If you go into Options>SMS Text>turn delivery report on, it will let you kno if the message went through or not...it doesn't let you kno if they're writting back tho
    09-05-09 11:27 AM
    Ps SMS is Short Messaging Service. Not standard as above and MMS is Media Messaging Service

09-05-09 12:19 PM
    The battery life is not what i expected.
    Download AutoStandby. Best $2.99 I've ever spent.
    09-05-09 12:42 PM
    Congrtas and welcome to CrackBerry. The addiction never stops!!

I only have 1 week under my belt but the people on the forums is very helpful and I absolutely love my Tour.

So Congrats and Welcome!!!
    09-05-09 01:49 PM
    Ps SMS is Short Messaging Service. Not standard as above and MMS is Media Messaging Service

Sorry I was trying to explain it to the OP so he understood. Excuse me for not meeting technical standards.

09-05-09 03:41 PM
    Download AutoStandby. Best $2.99 I've ever spent.
    While this is a good app, you can use your standby button situated on top (right side) of your phone. Does the same thing and its free. Just have to make it a habit of turning it on when your done with your phone. You can also use the holster that comes with the phone which automatically puts your phone in stanby mode .

09-05-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD