So I am new to these devices. So far I love my tour. Is there any way to set my ring tones to where it changes everytime some one calls. Like I have 3 ringtones and I want it to change to a diff one everytime someone calls. I'm not even sure if it is possible but it is worth a shot. Thanks!

Cory
    07-31-09 09:41 PM
    I do not believe this is possible. you can set a ringtone for a caller, but setting a jukebox of tones is not possible. It is possilbe for ringback tones, if you have this set up. THis is done done from your mt account at vzw.com. Also it cost .99 per month plus the cost of the ringback tone that you need to renew each year.
    07-31-09 10:18 PM
    I read about a program called Ringtone Shuffler that allows you to shuffle your ringtones, so that each time someone calls you get you a different ringtone. You can read a review about at Ringtone Shuffler Review For Blackberry Smartphones. A Different Ringtone For Every Call. The program costs $3.95 per the review.
    07-31-09 11:06 PM
    I know there's also a program called "Ringo" which will let you set different ringtones for different callers.

I had it on my 8830 but wasn't too keen on it since it didn't work for the BBM ringtone. It did work however for the individual callers.
    07-31-09 11:12 PM
    not possible. i dunno why u would want this. customize ringtones so u know who is calling without looking.
    08-01-09 12:09 AM
    not possible. i dunno why u would want this. customize ringtones so u know who is calling without looking.
    What's not possible? I liked it when I had different ringtones so I knew who was calling. It's just like screening your calls but without having to look at the phone at all. It was awesome. Just pissed me off because it wouldn't work with BBM. As in you could set a new ringtone, but it would not pull the individual ringtones set for the people you identified with phone/email/sms.
    08-01-09 07:27 AM
    Graffixx, he was replying to to OP and suggesting that he do what you are suggesting.
    08-01-09 08:08 AM
    You mean there's something a BlackBerry CAN'T do?
    08-01-09 09:38 AM
    Graffixx, he was replying to to OP and suggesting that he do what you are suggesting.
    My bad. Apology...
    08-02-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD