About 2 weeks ago I bought the Blackberry Tour 9630. Before that I owned the 8330 Curve which I loved. But all of a sudden the battery for my tour sucks! Is this normal or something I should go to my provider with? I mean it only last for a few hours, and with my Curve I could go 2 days without charging it. ??? Any helpful ideas?

Thanks!
    02-09-10 12:25 PM
    When a battery is new it doesn't last as long as it will in a few weeks. It hasn't got enough charges. You will notice it lasting longer as it goes. But the tour doesn't last as long as the curve. Also where is your screen set? See I keep my screen on 100% without automatic dim turned on because I like it bright so mine doesn't last long.

But I have 3 batteries. Look at the store here on crackberry.com They sell external chargers for the tour. So, you could have your extra battery charging in the mini external charger while the other battery is in your phone. And the charger is about as small as the battery and has a cover on it so you can put it in your pocket and can't even feel it in your pocket. You can carry it around.

I have regular batteries and extended batteries that last a little longer. But I like the regular size extended battery because it doesn't make my phone bigger. The super extended batteries you have to get a new battery door because it makes it thicker.

But your tour WILL last longer than a few hours. It's just that it's new. You are supposed to let it charge for like 9 hours before you ever use it. So, when you go to bed tonight turn your phone off and plug it up very early and let it charge all night as long as possible and do this a few nights and you'll notice it lasting longer.

Don't keep your gps running always stop it when you are done with it and don't keep a bunch of apps running. When you are done with an app hit the blackberry button and hit close. And then the apps you do want to keep running just hit the red button so they run in the background. You can hold down the blackberry button on the home screen and it will show you all the apps running. Only run what needs to run all the time. For example I keep weatherbug, facebook, and myspace running all the time. But if I use something like BB maps, once I'm done I close it. If you just hit the red button it's still running in the background.

You'll learn how to conserve battery life as you go. IF you turn your screen brightness down it'll last longer and enable the automatic backlight dimmer. But I just can't stand my screen being dark so I'd rather carry around an extra battery and keep it on 100%
    Last edited by curve0644; 02-09-10 at 12:51 PM.
    02-09-10 12:49 PM
    I've had my tour about a month now, when I first got it the battery life was horrible. I turned off the stuff I don't normally use - GPS, Locate Me, stuff like that and shazaaam - I get 2-3 days without charging.

Search the forums for the apps you can turn off - I found them here somewhere.

Good Luck - it's a GREAT phone. I went from a curve to an Android (talk about bad battery life) and back to BB tour.
    02-09-10 12:49 PM
    Wonderful! Thanks alot!
    02-09-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD