I googled, and looked on the boards for answers but couldnt find anything. I read somewhere saying to use global instead of 1XEV to save battery.

What's the difference between the 2? pros/cons of both? Thank you.
    10-16-09 09:58 AM
    Use !xEV instead of Global to save your battery. Since you are on Verizon, your phone usese a !xEV signal, 1x being the 2g connection and EV being the 3g connection. AT&T and T-Mobile use a GSM signal. So unless you plan on leaving the country, you have no reason to search for a GSM signal, just a 1xEV signal.
    FrankDLR1972 likes this.
    10-16-09 10:12 AM
    Your phone has an antenna for the CDMA network (your verizon service) and a GSM network (when a CDMA network isn't available).

If you set the phone on global, both antennas are powered up. If you set it on 1XEV, only the CDMA radio is powered up. Your phone will hang onto a CDMA network for a really long time before it decides to look for a GSM network, so having it set to global is pointless. Even if you set the phone on GSM, it probably won't find a signal since it's meant for when you're overseas anyway.
    10-16-09 11:10 AM
    Ohhh alright appreciate it alot. It was on global by default, I just put it in the 1XEV last night to see if there was any difference.

Thanks again for clearing that up. Anything to save my battery life will help. I work in an area with very poor service (my current office is right on the beach's boardwalk) & everytime I'm at work it seems like my battery dies almost half as quickly going in & out struggling with finding service.
    10-16-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD