Just got a netflix account, tried to stream movie on my TOUR directly from the netflix site, when I tried the website told me that I was down loading from outside the U.S., I'm in Philly!
    Anyone have any suggestions? Done a forum search and did not see anything pertaining to this.

Thanks
    07-28-09 01:03 PM
    Netflix is flash right?

You can't watch flash video without Skyfire, which just shut down it's BB servers..
    07-28-09 01:05 PM
    I'm pretty sure Netflix streaming is done with MS Silverlight. I'm fairly certain you can't stream Netflix movies directly to a phone.

And, OP, are you by any chance using Opera Mini? I've heard that it places your location in Norway.
    07-28-09 01:08 PM
    You cannot stream netflix. You can use the app to set your rental list and your instant queue but no streaming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 01:35 PM
    Just got a netflix account, tried to stream movie on my TOUR directly from the netflix site, when I tried the website told me that I was down loading from outside the U.S., I'm in Philly!
    Anyone have any suggestions? Done a forum search and did not see anything pertaining to this.

Thanks
    When you use the BB browser, all the data passes through RIM's servers in Canada. Because of this, your IP address is a Canadian one no matter where you are in the US.
    07-28-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD