ok...the wednesday before chirstmas im more than likely gonna get a tour on either sprint or verizon...(sprint more than likely if they finally solve my problems...)...I just wanted to know if the new batch i guess you can call it...are they more reliable or do they continue to have multiple issues with the trackball??? and what would yall recommend accessory wise for a first time bb user??
    12-11-09 12:58 AM
    How the heo willwe know? Lol go in and check

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 01:15 AM
    Hi alreadyknown,

If you can wait, it should only be a month (hopefully less than that) before the Essex aka Tour 2 comes out. It's equippped with a trackpad and Wi-Fi, so there will be no trackball issues that you are worried about.

But if you were to go with the Tour (which I would normally recommend, but not now since the Tour2 should be out within the next month or two) then only the green dot Tours (marked with green dots on the boxes) are confirmed to have the trackball problems fixed.

Accessory-wise, there's a thread somewhere in the forums and in the blogs about must-have accessories and applications for your BlackBerry. Some stuff that's pretty cool are the charging dock, a Bluetooth headset, and a case of some sort. It all depends on what you need, everyone has their own stuff.

Hope this helps!

ok...the wednesday before chirstmas im more than likely gonna get a tour on either sprint or verizon...(sprint more than likely if they finally solve my problems...)...I just wanted to know if the new batch i guess you can call it...are they more reliable or do they continue to have multiple issues with the trackball??? and what would yall recommend accessory wise for a first time bb user??
    12-11-09 03:19 AM
    I don't believe that there has been much of a problem with the Tours since about September. I got mine on 9/1 and haven't had a problem since. The Essex probably won't be out until late 1Q instead of next month, they are supposedly just now getting ready (12/18) to release the Curve upgrade. I really doubt the Tour 2 will be on the heals of the new Curve. It's probably more likely March or so for the Tour 2 release. Wifi and trackpad may or may not be worth the wait, not for me though.
    12-11-09 06:20 AM
    get the TOUR, no major issues with it. for starter get a good case also.
    12-11-09 08:12 AM
    The Tour is a great device...
    12-11-09 08:29 AM
    thanks everybody...i want the essex but if it comes out within a month of me getting the tour than i swap it out due to the 30 day thing...but if not i can save some funds and get it off ebay for like 300 so its not that big of a issue...but thanks again on everybody's insight...

is their any particular brand of case thats extremely better than the others???
    12-11-09 10:40 AM
    The Tour comes with a belt holster for the phone. I got the gel skin and the phone doesn't work well in the holster anymore. It fits, but its tough to get out. I bought another one and it fits fine. I had a gel skin on my curve and it looks brand new to this day still and thats after 2 years.

I'd probably get a case that fits you comfortably and the phone properly. Gel or platsic is up to you. I never liked the plastic ones, but its all preference.
    12-11-09 02:25 PM
    I just received my Epikcase Pro in the mail yesterday. Quite a few of the posters here have seen and tried the original Epikcase and have found it to be the best bang for your buck. The Epikcase Pro appears to surpass the quality of the original for just a couple more dollars.

Check out the Bay and user dcmugen for those cases. The original is $4.99 and the Pro is $6.99, and they all come in different colors.

I ordered the black one, but like the original it comes out a more smoky, clear-ish color.

is their any particular brand of case thats extremely better than the others???
    12-11-09 02:46 PM
    I bought a silicone case off ebay for about 7$ which is a great case but stopped using it after a while because it made it a lot harder to type. Mainly trying to push the keys on the far left or right, like the alt key is on the left side and is used so often so it was kind of frustrating. I think i might try cutting the edges down a little so it will be easier to type but overall iv been happy with how durable my tour is without the case. Also it is a lot smaller without a case and fits in your pocket much better. My phone spends a lot of time in my pocket so no case is alright but i would recommend getting a case if you constantly have it out since it increases the chances of dropping it.
    12-11-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD