first of all, let me admit that I am a complete noob to all that is blackberry. I love my phone, and love everything the blackberry has to offer... but there will be a huge learning curve, that I understand.

I am curious if there is a way for the phone to vibrate while its ringing. I can set it to vibrate a couple times then the ringtone will play. I can change how many times it vibrates, but I can't figure out how to do it simultaneously. can it do this? the user manual is useless, there's nothing in there about settings, just how to change ringtones... thanks for all help in advance.
    10-18-09 06:16 PM
    In order to achieve this you will need to download third party software to get it to vibrate and ring at the same time.

Check out this application for it

BuzzMe Pro - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    10-18-09 06:19 PM
    You can also download "Big tin can Buzz Me"
    From appworld. Works pretty good and its free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 06:30 PM
    Yep 3rd party app is the way to go. I think buzzme offers a free version too. I use and highly recommend berrybuzz! Besides ring and vib at the same time. It allows the led to be customized alerts. Like a txt message is one color. A mms is a different color. Email is another. And so on. It might not seem like much but when you have it and use it it makes you wonder why it isn't standard!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 06:33 PM
    Here's a link where you can get Big tin can and a couple other free apps, click the link from your BB browser...

http://m.crackberry.com/otaapps.html
    10-18-09 07:02 PM
    thanks for the help... one more question... is there a way to get the ringtone to ring right away? or do I have to wait 10 seconds? again, I have looked in the manual and there isn't a setting in the 3rd party software(bigtincan).
    10-18-09 07:23 PM
    It will ring as soon as the call comes in with these applications and it will vibrate at the same time for you.
    10-18-09 07:25 PM
    It will ring as soon as the call comes in with these applications and it will vibrate at the same time for you.
    no it doesn't. It will vibrate and ring at the same time, but the ringer starts 10 seconds after the vibrating does. I can't seem to get the ringtone to start right away.
    10-18-09 07:59 PM
    no it doesn't. It will vibrate and ring at the same time, but the ringer starts 10 seconds after the vibrating does. I can't seem to get the ringtone to start right away.
    he said "With these applications"--as in....when you get the 3rd party applications, you can have what you want.
    10-18-09 08:01 PM
    he said "With these applications"--as in....when you get the 3rd party applications, you can have what you want.
    I know, and I am telling him that I can't change that setting in the 3rd party apps.
    10-18-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD