So my Tour bricked after I swapped in a fresh battery today. Everything has been fine. No recently d/l application. I don't know what happened, but it doesn't matter now.

I had some trouble getting the device wiped, but it went from Reload Software 522 to Reload Software 507. 507 means it's wiped correct? If so, my next issue is finding the OS on my computer. I went into C>program files>Research in Motion.......don't see OS 4.7.1.XX.

Any help in directing me to my OS would be appreciated. I haven't deleted anything on my computer(VISTA) and I've upgraded OS's a few times in the past. I don't know where it could have gone or maybe I'm just blind. If it is gone, maybe someone can direct me to a replacement.

Thanks.
    02-20-10 06:42 PM
    You an D/L it and try to install it again

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    02-20-10 06:45 PM
    or why not just open up DM and reinstall 4.7 OTA?
    02-20-10 06:56 PM
    It wont show up there. It is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ your os here

That is if it is installed on your laptop. It should also be in your add and remove programs if it installed.

If it is there go into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and click on loader.exe. if file extensions don't show just find loader in that folder and click it. Have your blackberry plugged in.
    Last edited by dave3825us; 02-20-10 at 07:03 PM.
    02-20-10 06:57 PM
    You an D/L it and try to install it again

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    Thanks. I got it.

Next issue. Since Reload Software: 507 is on the screen the BB won't connect with DM. Any solutions for this?
    02-20-10 07:07 PM
    or why not just open up DM and reinstall 4.7 OTA?
    Because Reload Software: 507 is on the screen. I assume that means the BB has been wiped. It's also preventing a connection with DM.
    02-20-10 07:09 PM
    Pull the battery - connect then install the battery. I have seen that no PIN will show, but the OS will install.
    02-20-10 07:14 PM
    It wont show up there. It is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ your os here

Thanks. I found it there.

That is if it is installed on your laptop. It should also be in your add and remove programs if it installed.

If it is there go into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and click on loader.exe. if file extensions don't show just find loader in that folder and click it. Have your blackberry plugged in.
    The only way I can get the BB to connect with DM is if I leave the battery out. Well...it will connect, but when I try to reinstall the software, it gets to step 2 and tells me that it can't continue without the BB being rebooted(or thereabouts). Of course....no reboot with Reload Software: 507.

I'm trying the suggestion in your last paragraph. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks.
    02-20-10 07:16 PM
    Might check out this link as well.

Software 507
    02-20-10 07:33 PM
    Because Reload Software: 507 is on the screen. I assume that means the BB has been wiped. It's also preventing a connection with DM.
    Weird, when official .484 came out I wiped my phone and connected it - DM said it couldn't read the phone's software and gave me the option of reinstalling the OS, along with a couple other options.
    02-20-10 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD