Ok, I was just playing around with my Tour and while in my messages inbox, I clicked the blackberry button and scrolled down to "compose SMS text." I could have sworn with my Curve that once I did this it took my straight to my contact list but it didn't on my Tour.

Instead, it's just a blank white screen with a "To:" in the top lefthand corner. I see you can type in letters and it will pull up contacts with those letters. I guess I kind of like that, but can you make it to where it goes straight to your contact list when you click "compose SMS text" instead of having to click the blackberry button and select "choose contact"?

The real reason I'm typing this now is because while on the blank screen with the "To:" in the lefthand corner, I hit the blackberry button and instead of clicking "Choose Contact", I accidentally hit "Add To:" and then it did just that.

It looked like:

To:
    To:

I hit the blackberry button and selected "Remove Field" and it did. However, now whenever I reply to someone's text, it looks like this at the top:

To: Joe Smith (Mobile)
    To:
    --------------

It's adding a second "To:" field everytime I reply to someone's text. It's making me scroll up to the second "To:" and delete it each time. I don't think it was there before I accidentally hit the "Add To:" on the blank screen as I described above.

Even though I deleted the second "To:" on one text, it's still showing up each time I reply to a text. It's not a big deal, but it's bothering me. Anyone know how I can get rid of it for good?

Thanks.
    07-26-09 10:01 PM
    Don't worry about it, that is normal.
    07-26-09 10:04 PM
    So everyone's Tour has a blank "To:" underneath the name of the person you're replying to?
    07-26-09 10:11 PM
    Yes, It automatically adds it in case you want to add a second recipient. Don't worry about it, it isn't sending another message to "nobody"...
    07-26-09 10:12 PM
    My Curve does that as well...both parts.

If I pull a dial from home (typing someones name) when it pops up, I hit menu then SMS message from there...or just reply if they're already there.

The blank To: and double-To: are on mine as well.
    07-26-09 10:24 PM
    My Curve does that as well...both parts.

If I pull a dial from home (typing someones name) when it pops up, I hit menu then SMS message from there...or just reply if they're already there.

The blank To: and double-To: are on mine as well.
    Oh ok, guess I just didn't notice that before.

I didn't remember my Curve going to a black "To:" screen when hitting "Compose a SMS Message", but I guess it did. I sold my Curve, so I don't have it to compare, but I'm sure you're right.
    07-26-09 10:27 PM
    ha easiest fix possible eh? no fix at all!
    07-27-09 12:37 AM
    I'm trying to remember back to the Curve and the Storm....maybe it's part of the newer OS or include an extra "To:" field.
    07-27-09 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD