I would like to get rid of my generic email folder and messages folder. I use the gmail app and the SMS/MMS icons and don't need the others. I stuffed them in another folder and made them hidden but my emails go there first so it shows message waiting.

Is there any way to get rid of these? I have to got to these and open them to get rid of the message indicator to go off.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-10-09 06:22 PM
    If you're using the Gmail app, I believe you can go to email setup and remove the email account. The icon should disappear and you should still have the gmail app set up like you do now. As for the messages folder, if you hide it and check all of your other messages through their respective applications, you should be fine. Let me know if this solved your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 06:58 PM
    I would like to get rid of my generic email folder and messages folder. I use the gmail app and the SMS/MMS icons and don't need the others. I stuffed them in another folder and made them hidden but my emails go there first so it shows message waiting.

Is there any way to get rid of these? I have to got to these and open them to get rid of the message indicator to go off.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have to agree that if you simply go to your email setup and delete them you should be done and not have to worry about them anymore.
    12-10-09 07:02 PM
    if you have other email accounts you should be able to go to the email setup and then delete the accounts.
    12-10-09 07:03 PM
    if you have other email accounts you should be able to go to the email setup and then delete the accounts.
    This is a BIS usage question. Deleting an email account off your phone is like killing the messenger.

What you want to do is stop email from pushing to the BB. You do that at the BIS setup webpage. You can setup filters to allow important/emergency emails to push through. So when you see the email message notification, it will really mean something to you.

The idea to use both BIS and Gmail App to control your email flow. Don't let your emails control you.

Last edited by leskchan; 12-10-09 at 08:04 PM.
    12-10-09 07:14 PM
    This a BIS usage question. Deleting an email account off your phone is like killing messenger.

What you want to do stop email from pushing to the BB. You do that at the BIS setup webpage. You can setup filter to allow important/emergency emails to pushed through.

The idea to use both BIS and Gmail App to control your email flow. Don't let your email controls you.

oooo ok gotcha..thanks for the info!
    12-10-09 07:17 PM
    I did this and it works great. Thanks for the help.

12-11-09 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD