Oh boy I think I messed up this time! I took my old Tour apart to put a new keyboard on it. I watched videos of how to take it apart and followed them to the T but after I replaced the screws and snapped all the pieces back together, the only thing that happens is the keypad light comes on and the red LED light lights up and stays solid.

I was going to take it apart again and make sure nothing is damaged but I have no clue what to look for. I replaced the keyboard because I want to sell the Tour and use the money for a used Bold.

The Tour is only 2 months old from Verizon but because 2 keys wore off after 2 weeks I'm sure it was a refurb.

They finally agreed to let me choose a new phone but I was stupid and got a Droid 2. It's a neat phone that does a lot but you have to know how to root the phone to appreciate the features. Blackberry was so much better for me because it's user friendly.

I want to try and fix this myself as I don't have extra money after buying the keyboard. If I can't figure it out I'll put the phone away until I can afford to get it repaired.

I'm really hoping something didn't line up corrrectly and that I didn't break the phone

Thanks for your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 09:16 AM
    Oh forgot to mention one thing. I did NOT remove the SD card or SIM/ Vodafone card the first time I took the phone apart. Not sure if it matters but maybe I have to reset the device since its getting power from the battery, just wont turn on. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD