Okay I have recently left my Treo for a Droid and there are some major issues I have with the phone and considering switching to a Tour. But there are some questions I have about the phone if someone could help

1. What notification do you recieve when a new text comes in?

2. Has anyone tried using a threaded text app? If so how does it work?

3. Can I use mp3s from my computer and put them on the phone and use them as individual ringtones?

4. Finally the on screen shortcuts, can these be changed to make them whatever I want?

I may have more in the near future, im still trying to make an educated decision.
    11-26-09 01:21 PM
    Welcome to BB.

1. I get nothing. The choice is yours. Options.>Profiles

2. Nope.

3. Don' t know but I believe there is a way. Either search or see BB 101 in Tips and FAQ forum.

4. In your home folder the icons in the first row become the main screen icons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 01:36 PM
    1. It comes set to only flash the small LED red. There are app to make a screen pop up with a notification though.

2. I used a threaded SMS and it looked really awesome. The only down side was that the threaded SMS app was its own app, not the actual SMS folder(if that makes sense). You can update to the new leaked 5.0 and it has standard threaded SMS that is the actual SMS folder.

3. I personally have never done this but I have seen the options to do it, I believe you can though.

4. For the most part you can have as many icons on there as you want to pretty much everything or you can have just a few.

Let me know if this makes sense or if you have more questions. I am sure someone who is more knowledgeable about this will respond soon.
    11-26-09 05:00 PM
    threaded sms is awesome, and you can use any mp3 as a ringtone...

it is a very cool device and highly recommended
    11-27-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD