saw that cnn.cn has the black bezel, and mind you id normally tear apart my blackberry to install new pieces, housing etc.. but with my tour- knowing that they state upfront its just a repainted bezel, i find it hard to justify with all the work needed to take it apart- why risk damaging my perfectly working (and yes my phone works flawless) phone.

Can anyone help me, has anyone done it- im just looking to paint it black, gloss black

Please no comments on how dumb it would look etc,,, obviously it looks great when done right- as they have it done and it looks phenomenal. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    08-11-09 06:35 AM
    anyone??? im sitting here without an idea in my head
    08-11-09 08:16 AM
    So what are you asking? Sounds like you're just complaining about all the work...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 08:19 AM
    So you don't wanna take the 20mins to replace the bezel yet you wanna just spray paint it as is lol. If you can't take apart the phone then you have no business trying to spray paint the phone and honestly is more than likely a worse idea. What are you going to do?Tape off everything but the bezel and paint? LoL
    08-11-09 09:24 AM
    Get the painted bezel, the quality will be much nicer than a home brew paint job unless you are very good at airbrushing.
    08-11-09 09:52 AM
    I would also recommend getting the painted bezel. If you try and mask it off you may get over spray or leak paint in the phone and that's not good.

08-11-09 09:56 AM
    FYI, taking apart the phone is easy, the hardest part is to take the mute & lock buttons and contacts off the bezel. I took mine apart yesterday within 7 minutes but had a hard tme trying to take off the buttons and contacts without destroying them, I ended up putting everything back to stock, Anyone wants to buy a black bezel and a titanium let me know, I bought both to see which I will like more with my sprint tour.
    08-11-09 10:06 AM
    In the past Cnn.Cn offered a full bezel with buttons, mic screen's on it, I will likely wait for that so I have a full kit and not a picked over carcass.
    08-11-09 03:55 PM
    I really think it would be harder to paint the bezel while still on the phone than replacing it with an aftermarket one??? Do you really think its gonna look as good??
    08-11-09 05:03 PM
    To paint it worth a darn you'd have to take it off the phone anyway, imo.
    08-11-09 05:18 PM
    heres how i feel:
    ive done the housing swaps on pearls and curves, but after watching the video on cnn, im convinced that taking apart the lcd, track ball, mid plate and all buttons on top and hoping it works after is just extremely dicey to me. if someone is in the ny (albany or anywhere within 100 miles of there, i would pay them money to do this for my phone, but im just very very nervous about doing this to my pride and joy
    08-11-09 06:00 PM
    FYI, taking apart the phone is easy, the hardest part is to take the mute & lock buttons and contacts off the bezel. I took mine apart yesterday within 7 minutes but had a hard tme trying to take off the buttons and contacts without destroying them, I ended up putting everything back to stock, Anyone wants to buy a black bezel and a titanium let me know, I bought both to see which I will like more with my sprint tour.
    You say it's easy and also say you had a hard time taking certain parts off without destroying them? How are you building confidence here? LOL!
    08-11-09 06:33 PM
    The tour is very easy to take apart took about 30 minutes to take apart and reassemble.
    08-11-09 06:45 PM
    The tour is very easy to take apart took about 30 minutes to take apart and reassemble.
    Dependant on one's technical ability and background, of course. I mean, I love my grand mother to death, but I wouldn't let her take apart my Tour.
    08-11-09 06:48 PM
    Correct, but what about the u-shaped part on the chrome bezel where the carriers logo is? It's is pretty much fused into the snap holes of the original bezel. No-one has ever really answered that question when asked. And it doesn't come on the sold parts either.
    08-11-09 06:49 PM
    Just follow the tear down video,It's easy Blackberrys are durable just don't get it wet and you will be fine.
    08-11-09 07:00 PM
    Just follow the tear down video,It's easy Blackberrys are durable just don't get it wet and you will be fine.
    None of the videos show this particular part I'm speaking of. I've taken the Tour apart before BTW.
    08-11-09 07:08 PM
    Correct, but what about the u-shaped part on the chrome bezel where the carriers logo is? It's is pretty much fused into the snap holes of the original bezel. No-one has ever really answered that question when asked. And it doesn't come on the sold parts either.

I think it's just glued in with double sided tape. Just pop it off and glue it back on. Remember on the Bold that piece was snapped and could be removed too.
    08-11-09 07:10 PM
    Uh oh better call Maco!

08-11-09 08:06 PM
    You do what your comfortable doing.....dont let people convince you into doing something you dont want to (taking the phone apart). I dont recommend taking the phone apart because it does void the warranty. I would suggest using a paint marker, that would probably be the easiest and cleanest way. If anything buy a black silicone case. Good luck.

Mike
    08-11-09 08:39 PM
    You do what your comfortable doing.....dont let people convince you into doing something you dont want to (taking the phone apart). I dont recommend taking the phone apart because it does void the warranty. I would suggest using a paint marker, that would probably be the easiest and cleanest way. If anything buy a black silicone case. Good luck.

Mike

I agree do what your comfortable doing, I don't think he is concerned about warranty, A paint pen would be a disaster and a silicone case is tacky it doesn't show off the sexiness of the phone.
    08-11-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD