Hi, all. I owned a Tour from Sprint. I recently called Sprint because the memory in my phone will significantly decrease within a few hours of resetting it. It drops anywhere from 20MB to 30MB really quick. They sent me another phone and realized they have a disclaimer that if they don't find anything wrong with the device they might charge $75. The apps I normally run is Twitter, Facebook, Email, Memopad, Meterberry, Weatherbug, Slacker, Pandora, SMS, BBM and AppWorld. I want to ask before I switch the device is if that memory problem is normal. I'm running the last OS update from Sprint. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 12:29 AM
    Yep, you're wasting your time, with that mix of apps, that looks to be normal drop over a fairly short period of time. You're describing about the same drop I have with fewer Social Media type of things, especially running .624, which isn't a very efficient OS. It's not really a memory 'problem' per se, just the way things go.

09-12-10 12:51 AM
    How much memory do you usually have? Even with those apps, you should be still be sitting comfortably around 100 MB and it shouldn't drop that far.
    09-12-10 01:23 AM
    That memory usage looks normal. The device wasn't defective.
    09-12-10 07:10 AM
    Hi, all. I owned a Tour from Sprint. I recently called Sprint because the memory in my phone will significantly decrease within a few hours of resetting it. It drops anywhere from 20MB to 30MB really quick. They sent me another phone and realized they have a disclaimer that if they don't find anything wrong with the device they might charge $75. The apps I normally run is Twitter, Facebook, Email, Memopad, Meterberry, Weatherbug, Slacker, Pandora, SMS, BBM and AppWorld. I want to ask before I switch the device is if that memory problem is normal. I'm running the last OS update from Sprint. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Now I have lost 40mb in three days. Every time I reset the device the memory is less probably about 1MB less. I have cleared my Caches on everything (to include the SMS, call log and Messages), stores, it doesn't seem to improve with it. On rset u have 70mb and it just drops so quick within hour of the reset.

09-12-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD