1. tide_rulz's Avatar
    Im considering this situation.

    Letstalk has it so that i could get the Bold for free. All that is required is 6 months of a plan, then if i quit anytime after that, i would have AT&T's ETF, which after monthly discounts would be say around $130ish. Bold is a known commodity, stable system, very decent phone. This would also allow me to wait 6-8 months, and see if any changes or updates come out on the current new phones, and also allow any of the newer phones to come out after the Xmas season. Carrier isnt really a concern, all 3 work in my area, and i travel for work, so i would be seeing how things work in different cities in the US.

    With that information, would you definitely advise still getting a Tour, or are there still lingering issues where you think waiting another 6-8 months might provide a better phone experience?

    at worse, after 6 months, and paying the ETF, i should be able to sell the Bold i would get for at least the ETF cost. So i should be able to break even at that time.
    08-19-09 09:27 AM
  2. boomhower1820's Avatar
    In the next couple months the Bold's replacement should be out along with the Storm 2. Other than that there isn't anything on the immediate horizon that I am aware of. Personally I would wait for the Bold 2 if the service works for you, unfortunately for me AT&T doesn't offer 3G in my area.
    08-19-09 10:12 AM
  3. tide_rulz's Avatar
    but with battery life issues, trackball issues, muffled sound, it seems like i might be better off using a stop gap until everything is ironed out. Even with the new phones, there will be some initial issues.

    I cant live with my current Tmobile service, I get cruddy call and data reception whenever i travel. I was in NYC last week and still had droppe signals and lousy data. Imagine when i travel to rural areas.
    08-19-09 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD