Hello everyone, well over the past 3 weeks my tour has begun to have increasingly constant problems with giving me uncaught exemption errors. Initially it was always a "bb_messenger" issue then they started being "phone_app" issues, the latest was I think a browser issue. I would give you more specifics but it is currently not working.

Any ideas on what I should do for this? It is around a year old, but out of warranty. I have done battery pulls as it is the only way to get it un frozen from the issues. Took it to the store and they said the only way would be to do a hard reset but I would lose all of my data and if I put my backup on it it would act the same way since something is wrong in my data.
    05-24-11 05:52 PM
    Hello everyone, well over the past 3 weeks my tour has begun to have increasingly constant problems with giving me uncaught exemption errors. Initially it was always a "bb_messenger" issue then they started being "phone_app" issues, the latest was I think a browser issue. I would give you more specifics but it is currently not working.

Any ideas on what I should do for this? It is around a year old, but out of warranty. I have done battery pulls as it is the only way to get it un frozen from the issues. Took it to the store and they said the only way would be to do a hard reset but I would lose all of my data and if I put my backup on it it would act the same way since something is wrong in my data.
    If you feel that your data is corrupt and doing a backup would ruin the wipe of your device it might just be in your best interest to make note of ALL your 3rd party apps and license keys for them and where you bought them Mobi or CB app store where you can always retrieve them and do a complete wipe of your device and reinstall the latest OS for your carrier.

Then reload your 3rd party apps and be done with it. Good luck.
    05-24-11 06:26 PM
    your best bet is to backup and reload the OS you have or install the most recent one is yours it old.
    05-25-11 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD