Right now I have the otterbox commuter case on my phone, and I absoltley love it. The only thing I dont love is the small amount of bulk that it adds to my phone. I carry it in my pocket and like the feel of the phone without a case.

I also have phantom skinz installed on the back, as well as a screen protector and phantom skinz on the send, menu, back and end buttons.

Ive never dropped the phone in almost a year owning it, i am very careful with it. My question(s) are: what are your thoughts about possibly scratching the camera lens putting it down on a clear surface or from being in my pocket? Thats really all I am worried about.

How tough is this phone without a case? is it stupid to take a good case off for no real reason?

OCD I know, but I love my berry
    03-02-10 10:14 PM
    i use no case and just a screen protector. phone looks great.
    03-02-10 10:18 PM
    i use no case and just a screen protector. phone looks great.
    Same. I use the privacy protectors from VZW. They are great. VERY thick but the are perfectly flush with the rest of the phone so they don't dip down like the bare screen does and they aren't too thick so as to rise above the rest of the phone. Just bought a silver/grey Seidio Incase SURFACE (will arrive in the mail tomorrow!!!) though as I accidentally tossed my tour onto the cement yesterday trying to open the door... Nothing happened, but it was enough to scare me away from going naked. Always used to, but the tour doesn't seem as sturdy as some so I'm a bit more cautious now.
    03-02-10 10:45 PM
    Just have a screen protector and an oem pouch when in my pocket. It's naked anywhere else.
    03-02-10 11:16 PM
    naked+skinomi on screen
    03-02-10 11:18 PM
    just use OEM holster and screen protector. Never scratched anything exept battery door...
    03-02-10 11:18 PM
    I use an epik case, very slim, doesn't really add any bulk to the phone and protects it good enough for me along with the privacy protector and it also fits into my OEM case with the epik case still on.
    03-02-10 11:30 PM
    I have the zagg invisible shield plus a whole arsenal of cases my fave is the pink and blue epik cases i have then my seidio innocases!! I also have a privacy screen protector! I never buy phones without cases!! I baby all of phones!!
    03-03-10 12:57 AM
    i use the seidio innocase II with holster. I love it. It really doesnt add much bulk to the phone and doesnt leave alot of the phone vulnerable. The inside of the case is made of velvet so ur not even putting a hard plastic onto the phone. The other great plus to the seidio is that its the only case that has an actual holster for it. I recommend the seidio to anyone and every one
    03-03-10 01:07 AM
    naked with a screen protector..... I keep it in my pocket all the time, no problems so far..
    03-03-10 08:06 AM
    I only use a case when I go to work since I work in construction. When I'm not at work, I take off th case since I love the look of the Tour with nothing on.

I also use Phantomskinz, and the camera lense is pretty tough, it will take a lot to scratch that
    03-03-10 08:16 AM
    Okay thanks for the responses. So Im assuming I shouldnt be worried about scratching the camera lens or anthing else? Honestly Ive never dropped the phone and am fully focused on what im doing when its out in my hands.
    03-03-10 10:03 AM
    Okay thanks for the responses. So Im assuming I shouldnt be worried about scratching the camera lens or anthing else? Honestly Ive never dropped the phone and am fully focused on what im doing when its out in my hands.
    no, I was never able to scratch the camera lens on any of the blackberrys I had.
    03-03-10 10:04 AM
    dont worry about the camera lens...it is recessed so it wont be scratched in your pocket or bag.

ive pocketed my phone for months and no problems at all
    03-03-10 10:16 AM
    I'm totally nekkid... don't like the skin, the bulk, or the case. Like the thin feel in my hand--- so far I've been good at not dropping it, it's still looking NEW and scratch free.
    03-03-10 01:12 PM
    Ok you think you have ocd, i have invisible shield total protection, this thing even covers the chrome bezel. Plus i have it in a case mate hybrid. I tell myself that i have both so if i want to go sans case i can with no worries. When in actuality i have the invisible shield on there because when i had my curve the case scratched the **** out of the phone. So i have a case to protect the phone from its case.
    03-03-10 01:37 PM
    I have something called Ghost Armor. Its kinda like the invisible shield. Other then that I run around naked.
    03-03-10 02:05 PM
    Just received by Seidio Incase Surface in the mail about an hour ago. Loving it! Usually hate cases (as described above) and go naked, but this one is nice.
    03-03-10 02:18 PM
    I carry mine around in my pocket, naked and have not had any major issues.

The black plastic on the top of the phone (where the speaker and LED indicator are located) tends to scratch as well as the rectangular camera cover on the back- NOT the actual camera lens. Honestly, it's not a big deal. They are very minor scratches but they bother me because I'm OCD about keeping my phone looking brand new. Other than that, no other problems. I used a screen protector for a while but got sick of it- still don't have a scratch on my screen after 2 months without a screen protector.
    03-03-10 04:09 PM
    I use the Zagg full body, but not with all the pieces installed. and also a the platinum series cases with the holster clip .that I got at a Bestbuy
    03-03-10 08:06 PM
    heres the deal i use a Epik case for my tour for school, + out and about ..but when i go to work unloading trucks in the back for shoprite or working dairy i take it there naked and just clip it into a 2dollar ebay plastic holster that has the screen facing inwards
    03-03-10 08:35 PM
    I just got the seidio innocase hybrid, looks excellent, adds virtually no bulk, and I also have a screen protector
    03-03-10 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD