Hello,
    I have just spent over 55 minutes talking to a verizon tech support guy over the phone trying to figure this out, to no avail. Crackberry please help!

My verizon blackberry tour can't send mms to at&t customers! It show's "sent" with a check mark, but since Wednesday, Feb 10th, none of my AT&T friends only have been able to receive any of my mms texts! When I send a picture, they either simply do not get the pic, or if I send an mms with just text (no pic attached) they receive an empty mms.

I have taken the battery out several times to do a reset, turned phone on and off, reset my phone, did manual programming, *228 both #1 and #2 and it still won't fix! Any clue? Suggestions? I've had this for about 3 weeks and problem just started 2 days ago.
    02-13-10 03:54 PM
    What a werid issue. Hmm. I can assume the reps have sent new service books etc. but I'm not sure that would even be the issue. I can't imagine why you would not be able to send to customers on a particular carrier/network...
    02-13-10 04:00 PM
    Are you sure it is not an issue with AT&T? Have they enabled multimedia reception and automatic retrieval of MMS? Are they able to send MMS to you?
    02-13-10 04:02 PM
    Are you sure it is not an issue with AT&T? Have they enabled multimedia reception and automatic retrieval of MMS? Are they able to send MMS to you?
    not an at&t issue. i was able to send pic messages fine for past 2.5 weeks. just this wednesday though my at& t friends cant receive pics from me, but can from other verizon ppl (even those ppl on my family plan). yes, they are able to send me mms, i can open their mms, when i reply with a pic, they do not get it. when i reply with only text on an mms (no pic) they get a blank message.

the verizon rep, after 70 min on the phone, has issued a ticket # and escallated it to someone higher and said i should be getting a call back...
    02-13-10 04:24 PM
    I Have this same problem. I'm on Sprint and everytime I send a pic to my friend on T-Mobile, they just get an empty message.....????
    02-13-10 04:51 PM
    My granddaughter just had this problem suddenly last week.
    She could sent to anybody on Verizon, but no other carrier.

Turns out she had just changed her signature, and the "special characters" she was using were preventing it from going through.
    02-13-10 05:15 PM
    I haven't done anything different. No text signature, no special characters, just 2 days ago it stopped sending mms to at&t only...
    02-13-10 05:28 PM
    I find that on occasion, my US Cellular MMS don't seem to go through to others like Verizon or AT&T. One other option with BB is to send them as Emails. You need to know their email address on the phone however. That works sometimes but both methods are not always instant (show up 2 hours later).
    02-14-10 08:27 AM
    This is a long standing issue that I've experienced between Verizon and AT&T even before I owned a bb. Sometimes it works but often it doesn't. Only with MMS
    02-14-10 10:58 AM
    Listen, take your pictures on Medium sizing instead of large. They will go through, on 5.0.0.419 you have the option of the size to send the picture, choose medium.
    02-15-10 07:44 PM
    Make sure the images and videos are under 100kb. That is the breaking point when sending to AT&T.
    02-16-10 11:25 AM
    I'm sorry but the last 2 posts don't help either, I have had the EXACT same problem, was working fine then just one day it stopped and no reason for it. Its driving me nuts! I have tried sending smaller pics and that didn't help. Please let me know wh�t they say rubydoo, it might help with my problem too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 12:18 PM
    I had this happen, but tech support figured it out.

I believe I just couldn't receive from other providers, though.
    02-25-10 12:41 PM
    i have the same prob, except i'm on sprint. i was wit a friend the other day and tried to send an mms to her iphone and it didnt go thru. tried it twice. but then....i bulk sent an mms to her and 3 others in the room wit a picture i had just taken from my bb and that went thru to her......not sure what thats about.
    02-25-10 01:36 PM
    This is a long standing issue that I've experienced between Verizon and AT&T even before I owned a bb. Sometimes it works but often it doesn't. Only with MMS
    Same here, regardless of what VZ phone I used to send an MMS to an AT&T customer. Interesting thread - hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
    02-25-10 01:45 PM
    Make sure the images and videos are under 100kb. That is the breaking point when sending to AT&T.
    I was wondering why an 8 second video could not be opened by my AT&T friend. I just checked the size of the video, which I shot in MMS mode and it is 8 seconds. If the 100kb limit applies to videos, it would seem that a video sent to an AT&T customer could only be a few seconds, compared to the nomral 15 seconds that other companies allow.
    02-25-10 01:50 PM
    ok I think I have it locked down now, if you want to send a picture to an at&t person change your quality when you take the picture to normal instead of fine or superfine. BUT, if you want to send a quality picture and not worry about the size, email the pic to [email protected] that has worked everytime for me so far! Hopefully works for everyone else!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 03:47 PM
    I have been able to send my chick stuff on att but lately sms, mms, bbm have all been taking forever. I sent her 3 messages and then drove 25 minutes to her house and my messages showed up after I got there ..
    02-25-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD