This is a pretty ****** up story to me and I thought I'd let you guys in on it.
    First of all I went to my local bestbuy at 9:45 because they TOLD me they opened at 10. I was pretty stoked when it started getting closer to 10, but when 10 arrived. NOTHING. So, I waited about 5 minutes and then went and checked the hours on the door. They didn't open til 11!! :O. I was upset and decided to go to get some breakfast and then come back. I cam back at 11 and when I got in there, to my surprise, they had no Tours. I was like WTF? The salesman said they were suppose to get a late night shipment last night and there are some boxes in the back but idk what they are. Some people are back there looking. I asked how long and he couldn't tell me. I was even more upset that I was before and then left and went to the next closest bestbuy which was like a 20 minute drive. As soon as I got there I told the lady at the mobile desk that I wanted to buy a Tour, and I told it was for an annual upgrade. She then told me that they only do 2 year upgrades and new customers, I told her that this didn't make sense. She said I'm sorry but you will have to go to the verizon store. Now, I was getting really irritant. It was now almost noon, when I should of had it at 10! I left there and went to the verizon store that was closest and they said of course we have the Tour, I said to myself "Thank God!". I got to the store and there was only 1 other person there. Only 1 person came in to buy a Tour all day and the guy that helped me was jealous because he couldn't buy a Tour yet LOL. He helped get all set up with the phone and as he was switching my contacts and stuff over he seen the theme on my phone which was a Precision Zen theme. He asked me where did you get this??? It looks just like the tour. I told him crackberry.com and he said well before you leave you need to show me where you got that theme. So, I took his curve that he had, this was the first time that I ever seen an otterbox too, it is huge. I got on the mobile crackberry website and showed him the forums and the themes and he was all excited, he said he never heard of it before. Finally, after getting him the theme he needed and telling him everything about crackberry we got out of there with a BRAND NEW TOUR. But that is my story and how much of a pain it was to get one of these yesterday. But, it was all worth it. And who knows? Maybe I just recruited a new crackberry member!!
    07-13-09 08:27 AM
    I woulda been pissed too, probably more so than you, but great job and congrats on the tour, i'll be getting mine in the mail in a few days.
    07-13-09 08:35 AM
    hey maybe you should read the sign on the door to see when bestbuy opens...and ask questions beforehand like, oh i'm only available for the one year upgrade can you do that here? i'm just saying.
    07-13-09 08:39 AM
    To his defense, a store can have hours listed but also have special hours for special events Example: palm pre. Stores opened at 8am that really open at 10am. So if the store said they'll be open at 10am and they don't, then how is that his fault? On the other hand if a new customer is supposed to sign up for a 2yr contract for a certain phone, especially a BlackBerry then how is it that it was only available to new customers getting a 2yr contract? You were getting a 2yr contract with your upgrade anyway. Just some things I would made the rep look stupid on. I do like to make people look stupid. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 08:45 AM
    Well, seeing how I have been in bestbuy and bestbuy.com and neither one ANYWHERE said anything about not being able to do 1 year upgrades. I'm not saying it was only for the Tour, its for all 1 year upgrades.
    07-13-09 08:55 AM
    also to his defense I work for the company and the rep who took care of him and said they do not do annual upgrades is wrong. Like I said before we could not do them but now Verizon has given us capabilities to do the job. All he/she had to do was freaking pay attention and look at the drop down box that says upgrade and annual upgrade and make an educated decision and pick annual upgrade. We do them all day for our customers.

Sorry you had to go through all of that just for a phone, we got our Tours Saturday Morning and I made sure I went through all the boxes myself to look for them. Sad thing I was off passing by my store and saw the UPS guy with boxes and assumed they were my Tours so I turned around and made sure they were. The first store should have went through the boxes themselves seeing Sunday is launch day of a new phone. I am upset about your experience.
    07-13-09 09:02 AM
    Yeah, I asked the guy at the first store to go back and look and he said there were already people looking, and I waited for a while, then just got frustrated and told him that I was leaving. Its funny too, I went there on thursday and they said they would have plenty and they would open at 10. Nice to know he was just BSing and didn't know a thing.
    07-13-09 09:07 AM
    I preordered mine from Best Buy and was there at opening yesterday to get it. While I was there a call came in from another Best Buy store...they had a customer there who had preordered and they SOLD his phone to someone else. So they were checking to see if the next closest Best Buy had any. So the guy at the store I was in told the other store to send him over. After they hung up I said, "How many did you get".

TWO. They only got two.

I was really surprised by that. And they didn't come in until Saturday afternoon.
    07-13-09 09:17 AM
    lesson learned - just go to the VZW store.
    07-13-09 09:19 AM
    glad you where able to get it
    07-13-09 09:21 AM
    Plus, BB's price was a LOT cheaper. I'd be ticked off too.
    07-13-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD