So if you all didn't know I am going on my third Blackberry Tour. Here is todays story of my tourventure (My attempt to get my tour replaced at a verizon store).

(Note: I am within my 30 days)

To start the day off I woke up and grabbed my blackberry and messed with it and noticed the trackball was sticking and the screen rippling (I had the rippling problem on my previous tour and I hear its common but the trackball was getting annoying) so I ventured down to the nearest verizon store (Its about a half hour drive) and told them my troubles only to be told once again that they couldn't duplicate the problem even when I could see the screen rippling and look at her moving the trackball and it getting stuck on icons. So they sent me on my way with my defective device. Strike one verizon.

When I got back out to my car I was frustrated so I decided to call customer service and see what they could do. I got a nice lady that had prepped a device 30 miles away at another store that I could pick up "No questions asked" just talk to this person and she will exchange the phone.

I put my happy face on knowing that this might be over and I might actually get to play with a few new phones until I find one that is problem free.

I arive at the store 30+ miles from home and talk to the person and she asks to see my current phone and describe why she is giving me this phone. I tell her everything to the best of my abilities including what happened at the other store and she seems find with it and confirms that the trackball is sticking and tells me its not my fault and the device will be replaced then starts typing away at her computer. 5 minutes later she says she can't find my receipt in the system and tells me that she can't exchange it unless I have a receipt (Note: I have exchanged devices within my 30 days without a receipt and without questions). So I leave the store call customer service again and talk to them about my problem and then my phone dies as I'm walking into the store to hand them the phone to talk to CS. I explain my issue and my frustration and it seemed to have gotten me somewhere. She comes out about 15 minutes later tells me that she found the original receipt and then checks my devices meid which doesnt match because its a replacement new and she cannot find the replacement receipt then tells me I have an overdue payment (Which I later find out was paid right before she walked into the back room) then tells me that the trackball is supposed to be like that and that my defective phone is not defective and sends me on my way.

At this point I am infuriated beyond belief as I've just been denied 3 times within one day and I still have my obviously defective phone. I get about half way home and pull into a parking lot and start charging my phone and calming down. I turn the radio back on my phone and call customer service... AGAIN! They talk to me and I describe my issues and how frustrated I am. They have no refurbs in stock she says and she will overnight me a new device free of charge.

I feel a bit better at this point however I have come to the conclusion that the stores in this area are useless and full of mis trained stubborn ***holes. I also feel like going into the stores tomorrow (both even if it means wasting gas) talking to the person I talked with and showing them my brand new still wrapped phone saying "Look at this... I got a new phone anyway *******". It would be so worth it but the most I will probably do is call tomorrow and ***** at the manager.

Pardon my language I'm still a bit frustrated at this whole thing.

So thats my tourventure what do you think?
    07-30-09 10:51 PM
    Sounds like quite the advent-tour (see what I did there?).

Good luck with the new Tour. Hopefully it doesn't have any issues otherwise its back to the stores or CS.
    07-30-09 11:00 PM
    Sounds more like Tour-ture to me!!!
    07-30-09 11:03 PM
    +1 for mike lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:21 PM
    If u had Sprint u wouldn't have went through all those problems.
    07-30-09 11:27 PM
    And I just love how almost everyone bashes Sprint to death on the forums, ('cuz they had them 1000 years ago, or knew someone who heard of someone....) Yet I have CONSISTENTLY received the best service from Sprint. Verizon is hit and miss for me. (I have couple employees on Red).

I do remember the OLD ways at Sprint, But for the last year they have been great.

My Tour was replaced without even trying my old one.

I'm sick of all the people that bash Sprint. Just added up my bill on Big Red would be $79 more for the same thing I get on Sprint.
    07-30-09 11:58 PM
    And I just love how almost everyone bashes Sprint to death on the forums, ('cuz they had them 1000 years ago, or knew someone who heard of someone....) Yet I have CONSISTENTLY received the best service from Sprint. Verizon is hit and miss for me. (I have couple employees on Red).

I do remember the OLD ways at Sprint, But for the last year they have been great.

My Tour was replaced without even trying my old one.

I'm sick of all the people that bash Sprint. Just added up my bill on Big Red would be $79 more for the same thing I get on Sprint.
    I wouldn't say its Verizon themselves I think its just the stores. Customer service has been more than awesome to me. Overnighting me a new phone is a great thing.
    07-31-09 12:07 AM
    Except for the current heat, I'm glad I'm down in Seattle where there are a number of Verizon stores to go to and get turned away!!!

Still waiting for my ne2 but reading disillusioning threads about my potential next BB.
    07-31-09 12:17 AM
    i avoid the vzw stores at all cost. 611 can take care of 99.9% of my problems. i don't need some person in their marshall's dress shirt and tie, with gobs of hair gel, trying to duplicate my problem, only to tell me they see no such problem. not to mention 611 reps seem to have better customer service skills than the store monkeys.
    07-31-09 12:32 AM
    Don't store reps work commission? That would explain why some of them are unhelpful. It would be more lucrative for the rep to sell that phone to a customer than to give it up as a replacement. I bet someone will correct me if I'm wrong, in fact I'm relying on it.

07-31-09 02:49 AM
    Verizon stores are the worst place to go if you have an issue. I think the employees get paid by the amount of phones they DONT replace.
    07-31-09 06:36 AM
    Verizons wireless coverage is great... The people working in their stores however... I would rather sla$ my d!ck in a dresser drawer than talk to those morons. I never go to stores. Ill wait for the overnight replacements any day.

Vzw store front employees = natures other D student (right next to the turtle for the seth mcfarland fans out there)

07-31-09 06:46 AM
    I had close to the same experience at the vzw store. I had problems with the sticking trackball and the high pitched hum when you use the phone.

The ****** made me unlock my phone an took it in back for about 30 minutes. He came back and said he couldn't find any issues and gave it back to me. When I went to my sms one from a few days prior was open and the he had scrolled to about middle of the list. So the asshat went through my personal texts.

I walked into Best buy and they just asked what was wrong and after I told them, they exchanged it immediately. So far the best buy has exchanged 2 tours for me with out question.

Last night the manager told me about the Best buy service plan. Its 6.99 and covers EVERYTHING with no deductible. I canceled my arsuion insurance and started the best buy plan.
    07-31-09 08:06 AM
    Can you freely move between BestBuy and Verizon? I would guess you need to return to the company you purchased from? No????
    07-31-09 09:17 AM
    Wow that sucks.
    07-31-09 09:28 AM
    The ****** made me unlock my phone an took it in back for about 30 minutes. He came back and said he couldn't find any issues and gave it back to me. When I went to my sms one from a few days prior was open and the he had scrolled to about middle of the list. So the asshat went through my personal texts.

I walked into Best buy and they just asked what was wrong and after I told them, they exchanged it immediately. So far the best buy has exchanged 2 tours for me with out question.
    I had something like this happen to me. I went to verizon and showed them how opening and sending SMS to certain contacts took much longer than it should, and she made me unlock it for her and she went through it herself. After saying they couldn't replace it because I bought it at BestBuy (although I doubt she would've replaced it either way & I'm under the 30 day warranty), I walked over to BestBuy and got a replacement with no problem. I've heard for the first replacement within the 30 day warranty, they don't ask questions but after the first, they ask to duplicate a problem.
    07-31-09 09:36 AM
    I finally have a decent working tour. *Claps*
    08-05-09 06:28 AM
    If u had Sprint u wouldn't have went through all those problems.
    Last monday I called telesales regarding a problem I had with the convenience key on my tour,I was OVERNIGHTED a NEW tour with a UPS return kit for the defective tour,I expected a 2-5 business delivery on this one,but there it was on the kitchen table when I got home from work,I called customer care just to verify that I wasn't charged any over nite shipping charges for this and I wasn't,Definalty NOT a sprint FanBoy here whatsoever But I had a problem and sprint fixed it.FAST.
    08-05-09 07:39 AM
    Why would Verizon CS check and see if they had any refurbs? IF you're within your 30 days they should be sending you out a new device to begin with!
    08-05-09 08:00 AM
    Can you freely move between BestBuy and Verizon? I would guess you need to return to the company you purchased from? No????
    I could move freely between bestbuy and verizon's phone support. The corp stores around here are pretty anal about where i got mine from. But so far i was able to exchange as bestbuy 3 times.
    08-05-09 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD