When I have the 1x and make a call it gives me a verizon message and I have sprint help me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 12:32 PM
    Do you have a Sprint or Verizon Tour? Have you called Sprint? Sounds like a Sprint issue that they need to work out.
    01-30-10 12:41 PM
    This was an issue when the Tour was first released. Some (a few) Sprint customers received Verizon branded Tours, I can't remember if they worked correctly or not. If you bought your Tour from Sprint, return it. If you bought it off Craigslist or eBay, you may be screwed.
    01-30-10 01:08 PM
    if its sprint branded, and your having this problem, simply call sprint, you might want to take it to a corporate store to have them run a diagnostics test but they won't even look at your phone unless it has insurance on it. If it doesn't they will charge like a 35$ fee. However, if you do decide to take it in, just call sprint and tell them you wanted the insurance on it whenever you activate it.
    01-30-10 01:31 PM
    if its sprint branded, and your having this problem, simply call sprint, you might want to take it to a corporate store to have them run a diagnostics test but they won't even look at your phone unless it has insurance on it. If it doesn't they will charge like a 35$ fee. However, if you do decide to take it in, just call sprint and tell them you wanted the insurance on it whenever you activate it.
    Your saying if he brings the tour into sprint that they wont even look at it unless its insured? That does not sound right. If he bought it from sprint and goes right back to sprint they Will not charge him anything.

However if its a used eBay or craigslist phone or a phone not purchased from sprint then they might charge him a fee.

To the op,,, please explain more like where did you get this phone..
    01-30-10 01:49 PM
    When I have the 1x and make a call it gives me a verizon message and I have sprint help me?
    You mean a voice message, an on screen message or what? I had a Sprint branded Treo 755p that gave me a VZ error message in voice when I tried to call for voice messages... They said it was a network problem related to roaming... Never happened again.

Any difference when the phone goes 3G (1XEV)?
    01-30-10 06:53 PM
    If you got the phone off ebay or craigslist and its a verizon tour (does it say verizon or sprint on the bottom front of the phone) you can always get an unlock code for it. You can go to the "unlock forum" here on CB. I've seen some unlock codes for like 5 or 6 bucs.

01-30-10 07:59 PM
    Unlock code won't help you get a verizon tour on sprint only in GSM carriers like att and tmobile. But that does not sound like the issue here.
    01-30-10 08:25 PM
    Unlock code won't help you get a verizon tour on sprint only in GSM carriers like att and tmobile. But that does not sound like the issue here.
    Sorry I didn't know that wouldn't work I just thought since it had a sim card slot that an unlock code would work. My bad

01-30-10 08:43 PM
    I agree.. This happened to me while roaming twice and I was unable to access my voicemail.. Nothing to be worried about.. I was still able to make calls etc...

You mean a voice message, an on screen message or what? I had a Sprint branded Treo 755p that gave me a VZ error message in voice when I tried to call for voice messages... They said it was a network problem related to roaming... Never happened again.

Any difference when the phone goes 3G (1XEV)?
    01-30-10 09:00 PM
    Try dialing a 7 digit number and see if that's your problem.

When I was roaming on verizon half my calls were giving me that "welcome to verizon" message.

I called sprint and their tech support tried to reprovision my phone three times before I finally gave up.

After a week or so I slowly started to understand why some calls worked and some didn't. It was because I did not have area codes in my local numbers

Try that and let us know.

Aloha

02-01-10 09:07 AM
    bootleg! lol
    02-01-10 11:42 AM

Because your phone is roaming on Verizons network, mine does this all the time nothing to be alarmed about unless, you don't have free roaming.
    02-01-10 11:57 AM
    Where is the op? Why start a thread to ask a question then disappear ? Rude.

02-01-10 12:11 PM
    Where is the op? Why start a thread to ask a question then disappear ? Rude.

why do you care if he post or not? he already had his question answered, no need for him to post more anyway, mind your own business before calling someone rude
    02-01-10 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD