Ok,

So basically, I'm on my 3rd Tour via insurance over the last 5 months and fortunately after giving me a choice of a new Bold or new Tour, I still chose the Tour. Here are my questions.

I have many a Blackberry friend who complain of their Blackberry's going bad. Is this wide spread?

Why did they discontinue the Tour? Does the Bold work overseas like the Tour did? Is the Bold better

Is it really time to look at the Droid or the I-phone when it comes to Verizon?
    I mean I really love my Blackberry but this is getitng old. And honestly I feel like the better app's are on the other systems.

Also because this is my 3rd replacement I believe the insurance may drop me.
    GRRRR. Any thoughts?
    Thanks for the venting opportunity.

B
    11-04-10 01:34 PM
    Why did you not get the Bold? It's a world phone just like Tour. Double the memory of Tour, adds Wifi and the trackpad.
    11-04-10 01:37 PM
    Apparantly because I'm an *****. Honestly my thinking process was I wanted a zero learning curve because I'm super busy, and I didn't have time to research the new model.
    11-04-10 01:42 PM
    There's not much of a learning curve between the two. The trackpad is very easy to get used to, turning on wifi, if you have a router, is a snap and is best just left on all the time. It doesn't drain battery life, as other suggest.
    11-04-10 01:44 PM
    Yea well live and learn. If all goes to plan, I will need a new Tour within several months. Any help with my other questions?
    11-04-10 01:47 PM
    Yea well live and learn. If all goes to plan, I will need a new Tour within several months. Any help with my other questions?
    Just call the insurance and tell them you're having the same problems, and you want that Bold they offered.

Tour was discontinued to release the Bold, just updated specs. Do Blackberrys go bad? Any device can go bad. You can see the list of devices I've had, and the only warranty replacement I needed was when my Tour wouldn't scroll. I called VZW and they swapped me out with my Bold.

I'm looking at Android too, the Storm line sucks, IMO. Real touch screens don't click.
    11-04-10 01:53 PM
    pcgizmo...I have had issues with scrolling on my Tour as well....I just called Verizon last week and was told my ONLY option was to take it to my local VZW Store and have them replace the trackball....did I miss the bus on the Tour-Bold swap?
    11-04-10 02:46 PM
    pcgizmo...I have had issues with scrolling on my Tour as well....I just called Verizon last week and was told my ONLY option was to take it to my local VZW Store and have them replace the trackball....did I miss the bus on the Tour-Bold swap?
    Yes, back in June there was a shortage of refurb'd Tours. If you caught VZW on the right day with the right Rep, you got a brand-new Bold in the retail box with all the "stuff".
    11-04-10 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD